The True Meaning Behind Rutger's Scarlet Knight
Campuses

I always believe that there is more to a Rutgers Scarlet Knight than just being one.

736

What do you think is the true meaning behind a scarlet knight? I always believe that there is more to a Rutgers Scarlet Knight than just being one.

When you choose to go to Rutgers University after senior year, you agree to be a knight. You will be the one that wields the sword against your demons and monsters. Those demons and monsters are your homework and exams. You sword in this situation is your pencil or pen. Your mind and brain are what controls you to maneuver the sword in the right way.

The worse is a college student or a scarlet knight that stands in your way. You do not want to have another burden on yourself when you are dealing with the responsibilities of a scarlet knight. When the opposing sword is pointed at you, fling that sword away from your sight and point your sword at your opponent. Tell him or her to back off and that being part of your burdens will be something that your opponent will regret. Your sword in this situation is your words. The opposing sword is the opponent's words that are drawn out to bring you down for competition, jealousy, rivalry, anger, hatred, or for no reason at all. You must speak out the right words against your opponent so that you will not have a double-edged sword in the end.

Remember to protect your loved ones. Your loved ones are your friends, lover, and family. They are the ones that are there for you. Your memories with them are precious and you do not want to lose them. Whatever you do at Rutgers University, do not even forget about them especially if you are living in a dorm there.

When you are living in a dorm, you are a scarlet knight that lives in a beautiful castle. You live with other scarlet knights that want to get to know you and cherish their time with you. When you are a commuter, your car is your noble steed. You ride in and out of Rutgers University. Despite all the bitter moments that you experience at Rutgers University, you know that your noble steed will take you home to your family. You will be safe and not remember that you are a scarlet knight unless you bring home monsters and demons that you have to slay. Those monsters and demons, as I said before, are our homework and exams.

As a scarlet knight, remember to preserve your honor. You chose to be a scarlet knight because of a reason. Whatever you do, do not lose sight of that reason. That reason is the oath that you made to yourself in the very beginning and the oath that you need to fulfill at the end of your adventure at Rutgers University.