15 Things I Hate Most About Crafting

15 Things I Hate Most About Crafting

291
15 Things I Hate Most About Crafting
Giovanna Best

When you think of a sorority girl, a lot of things can come to mind. One thing, in particular, is their love for crafting. Well, what I'm about to tell you may come as shock. Not all sorority girls love to craft. Some even hate it, like me. Here is a list of the top 15 things I hate most about crafting:

1. You realize that you have to make a Michael's trip.

Just the thought makes you want to crawl into your bed and never leave. Nothing good ever happens when you enter that store and the only way you're going is if your friends drag you.

2. You walk down all the aisles and feel overwhelming anxiety; the choices are endless.

I mean red bows, blue bows, multicolored gems, silver gems...how do you choose. Making a list doesn't help because you always end up leaving with things you had no intention of getting and not picking up what you originally wanted.

3. You leave spending way more money than you planned.

You might as well give the cashier all the money in your wallet now. The craft store always, and I repeat always, does you dirty. Even with the coupons they send it's not enough to put a dent into the small fortune you're going to drop.

4. You get home and laying all your crafting supplies out around you and realize how much work you have to do.

You have one week to make a basket full of crafts. Let the panic attack begin now. Actually no, there's no time for that.

5. You feel pressured to come up with the perfect craft ideas.

You don't want the crafts you make for your little to be cliche. You're not a regular big, you're a cool big. And the crafts you slave over to give her need to represent that. If only you could think of anything original.

6. You scroll through Pinterest for hours looking for inspiration.

Your eyes are blur of painted canvases, wooden letters, and plaques. No more. You honestly cannot take anymore. A half more second of scrolling and you just might scream.

7. A craft involves glitter.

To some girls, glitter is life. For you, it is what you imagine hell is covered in. It sticks around forever and you wince every time you find out you have to make a craft for someone that is obsessed.

8. Your whole body and all your clothes get covered in paint.

You have designated clothing for when it's time to craft. Within five minutes you have paint on you from your head to your feet. You're mess, in all forms of the word, and no mater how neat you try to be it just doesn't work out.

9. I’s 2 a.m. and you’re still going at it.

All you want is to sleep but this basket is due tomorrow and you'll have class all day. There's no time but now, so wipe the sleep out your eyes and keep going.

10. You burn yourself with the hot glue gun one too many times.

You would think that you'd learn the first time. Don't touch with fingers, gun is hot!

11. You try to write in puffy paint and it comes out a blob.

Everything is going well, you're letters are coming out perfect, but then the unthinkable happens. The little puffy paint bottle decides to explode and you have paint everywhere. Great.

12. You run out of the supply you’re using and you’re so close to being done.

About a handful of rhinestones away from being done with your craft when you look down and you have no more. Seriously!? *angrily flips table*

13. The craft you create looks nothing like how you imagined it in your head.

Perfection in your mind, a piece of crap in real life. No way are you giving that to someone.

14. You realize what you wrote on a craft is crooked or spelled something wrong.

You just slaved over this craft for hours, you thought it was perfect, but of course there is a mistake. You really can't win.

15. You actually make someone a decent craft and they never hang it up.

All that work and it's not even going to be displayed. This, this is why I don't craft.