True Life: I'm Addicted To Pinterest

True Life: I'm Addicted To Pinterest

And you might be too

35
True Life: I'm Addicted To Pinterest
CohnMarketing.com

I remember my first encounter with the website that would soon take over my life like it was yesterday. I was sitting in my high school art class, stuck on what project I should start next when my teacher said those life changing words, "Why don't you check out Pinterest?." "Pinterest? What's Pinterest?" I thought. Little did I know, that website full of DIY projects would soon become a habit and addiction.

This addiction is common to many in our generation. Spending hours aimlessly pinning things is a daily occurrence for almost all of us. Here are some signs that you, too, are a Pinterest addict.

1. You have a board for almost every aspect of your life.

Going away to college? Pinterest board. Looking for Instagram caption ideas? Pinterest board. Wanting to learn how to make your own shampoo? Pinterest board. Every little thought or idea that has ever crossed your mind has somehow ended up as a board to your Pinterest. Unlike most Pinterest users who usually keep about 5-10 boards, you have more than 20 and you make sure that they are all completely organized.

2. Every DIY project you've ever done has been inspired by something on Pinterest.

Every time you're feeling crafty, Pinterest is your go to. You already have a craft board lined up with ready to make ideas. Most of your crafts are not original ideas because you got them from someone else's pin.

3. Pinterest is your primary search engine and if anyone tries to make you use another search engine you just can't.

Instead of looking to Google or Bing to search for the best Oreo cake pop recipe, you take to Pinterest. Even for ideas on how to study better or how to organize your closet that would typically thought to be searched for elsewhere, you look on Pinterest first.

Something about the visually appealing, perfectly filtered pictures and cute captions makes it so much more fun than a boring search engine. You will literally scoff at the idea of using google for anything other than homework and would never be caught dead looking there for something as sacred as craft ideas. What are you? Some sort of peasant?

4. You get super nervous when somebody you know follows you.

Just like with many other addictions, addicts try to hide their problem. This can be hard for Pinterest addicts because your problem is out there in the open. Every time someone you know follows you, you wonder whether they'll judge you for pinning so many things, get overwhelmed by the amount of boards you have, or criticize how many spaghetti squash recipes you've pinned.

5. Every time you come across another person who is obsessed with Pinterest, you have to become their best friend.

After following people from your hometown forever who rarely ever pin, you come across a beacon of hope: a girl who pins as much as you do. Suddenly, you're re-pinning all of her stuff, stalking her life, and trying to hang out with her solely to talk about Pinterest.

6. You've never looked back at the majority of the things you've pinned.

Something about pinning things you love is so satisfying. A lot of pins you swear you'll look back at later, but never actually do. From those knitting tutorials to the healthy recipes that are super complicated, you usually never look back at them.

7. You always wait for things to come up in conversation that you can tie back to Pinterest.

"That reminds me of something I saw on Pinterest!" is something you say more often than you'd admit. Pinterest is your solution to every problem and the bud of most of your ideas. If someone's makeup looks good or new hair cut is cute, it'll most likely remind you of something you pinned last week. Usually you then have to go back and find the pin so you can show it to your friends.

8. If anyone tells you that you go on Pinterest too much, you get really mad.

Whenever anyone tells you that you have too many boards or that you pin too much, you get defensive and genuinely upset. If anyone even tries to say that it isn't organized enough or your pins are not good, you'll probably throw a fit. Nobody insults your baby.

9. You already have your whole life planned out over Pinterest.

You have a college board, engagement ring board, wedding board, future job board, and future kids board. Thanks to Pinterest, you already know exactly what your wedding is going to look like, what you're naming your kids, and how to be the best homeroom mom in the future. If this doesn't make you #WifeMaterial, I don't know what will.

10. You see your addiction as a blessing, not a problem.

Keep on pinning, ladies. While those haters are out there making mediocre crafts and having no idea what the perfect recipe for chicken parmesan is, you'll be ruling the world.

*All gifs and pictures used in this article were found on Pinterest. The addiction is real, guys.