Signs You're A True Dog Lover

12 Signs You're A True Dog Lover, Even When Things Get Ruff

Your little pooch gets birthday and Christmas presents to unwrap.

216
Dog
Josephine Kostick

They say a dog is a man's best friend, but to some, a dog is much more. They offer the love and companionship no one else can give and will always be there for you. There's no better feeling than coming home after a long day to be greeted by your favorite pooch and be smothered with love. If you feel this way about your dog, you probably relate to these other signs that prove you're a true dog lover!

You need to pet every dog you see

If you can walk by a dog without pausing to try to pet him/her, you're missing out.

You tell your mom you made a new friend and she asks whose dog it is and to send a picture

If you have more dog friends than human friends, you know you're a true dog lover. Dogs are better than humans anyways.

You follow several dog pages on Instagram and are a part of dog groups on Facebook

I mostly just like seeing videos of dogs. If you're a super dog fanatic, your dog probably has his/her own Instagram as well.

You have photoshoots for your dog

If your photo album isn't filled with pictures of your dog, do you even have a dog?

Your dog is your baby, not just a pet

This may sound crazy, but every true dog lover considers their dog to be their baby. You may even talk to him/her as if they can understand you.

Sometimes you make home cooked meals for your dog

Not always, but sometimes they deserve some of your leftovers. Of course, you make sure it's something that won't hurt their tummies.

You also don’t have to worry when you drop food because your dog is your personal vacuum!

It's a good thing they help clean the floors since you're probably still vacuuming up all their dog hair.

Your little pooch gets birthday and Christmas presents to unwrap

Even if he/she is incapable of unwrapping them and has no idea what is happening.

99% of your clothes are covered in dog hair when you leave the house

This one is pretty self-explanatory. It's hard to leave your house without giving your pooch some hugs goodbye! And no matter how much you lint roll, you can't escape the dog hair.

You let your dog sleep with you

Some people are grossed out by the idea of an animal sleeping in their bed with them, but true dog lovers cuddle right up next to their pooch at night!

Your dog must have their own outfits

Do you really love your dog if you don't dress them up for Halloween?

You secretly love your boyfriend’s dog more than your actual boyfriend

Is it wrong to go to his house just to see his dog? Absolutely not! (Sorry!)