A Truck is a Great Vehicle for Anyone

A Truck is a Great Vehicle for Anyone

There is a vehicle out there for everyone...yours just might be a truck!

9
A Truck is a Great Vehicle for Anyone
Mackenzie Schindler

Ever since I was a little girl, I wanted a truck. My father and stepfather both raised me on the notion that a Chevy truck and a full tank were all I needed for a good time, and that’s something that has always stuck with me. When I was 14, it was time for me to get a car so I could drive to school. Driving a truck wasn’t practical since my school permit only allowed me to drive there and back from home. I got a ’98 Dodge Neon much to my chagrin. I updated to a bright yellow Monte Carlo a couple of years later and recently, I decided to fix up my dad’s old GMC and sell my car. I already miss my fast little car, but I’m finally ready to step up to the plate and drive a big kid toy.

Some might say, “Why do you even need a truck?” or the notorious, “You know it’s gonna cost a lot to put gas in that thing, don’t you?!” But there are plenty of reasons to drive a truck, whether you’re a man or a woman! So here are a few I put together just in case you need a little motivation to update to a truck.

1) You hate people.

If you’re antisocial (and your truck only seats 3 or less people) and aren’t partial to giving people rides, you can always use the fact that you don’t have enough room to drive them home.

2) You love people.

If you’re a very social person and one of those people who love to give rides, then a truck is perfect for you! Every truck has a bed, and if you keep it clean enough (and if it’s legal in your state) you can fit a pretty good amount of people inside and out! Plus the fight of who wants shotgun is a thing of the past, because everyone will love to feel the wind through their hair.

4) Trucks are cool.

I can appreciate a good car, believe me, but trucks can go more places, they oftentimes have bigger engines, and they make everyone a little more rugged. I can’t help but feel like a bad ass when I have to look down at a little car next to me on the road.

5) Truck Pulls.

In the Midwest (And maybe everywhere else, this is just where I grew up!), on sunny summer days, we have truck pulls. Trucks that are old and new, 2wd and 4wd, modified or stock all have a place at the pulls. People might spend a ton of money or only enough to put fuel in, but what makes the difference is who can pull the sled 300 feet and who can’t. Plus, it’s fun to get in touch with your redneck side every once in a while!

6 )You’re a girl.

If a car isn’t your style or you need it for work or you like to give the middle finger to gender stereotypes, then there’s a pretty truck out there waiting for you.

7) You’re a boy.

You might have grown up on the family farm and got your brother or dad’s hand me down Ford. Maybe you grew up in the city and wanted something bigger. Or maybe you just plain wanted a truck. Because, remember? They’re cool.

8) Trucks are useful.

If you snowmobile, a truck will haul it to the mountains and get it unstuck when you bury it coming off a sick jump. If you have a boat, a truck will get it to the lake for you. If you have a trailer to pull or an RV to move, or a business to run, a truck will get you where you need to go.