Fad Diets Aren't Worth It, Living A Healthy, Sustainable Lifestyle Is

Long-term results over short-term suffering for nothing.

260

Eating healthy has always been an important part of life. Yet, there are those who feel it is too much of a long-term commitment and choose to follow trendy diets instead. What many don't realize though, is there is no benefit to hopping onto trends and hoping to see results. It doesn't work that way because healthy eating is a lifestyle, not a diet.

Fad diets are not long-term.

It would be impossible to live without a whole food group or with stringent restrictions for longer than a diet requires. Variety is important and all food has some level of nutrition the human body needs. Although there may not be immediate consequences, cutting out key nutrients can lead to negative health effects down the line.

Diets are usually taken at face-value without added research, which can harm people in the long-run. Since trendy diets are hard to maintain, many find themselves regaining the weight they tried to lose because a diet doesn't teach people to eat right for longer than required.

Since when are protein, carbs, and (good) fats bad for you?

News flash, they're not!

Moderation is key but that's not what a diet teaches. Instead, people force themselves to avoid certain food groups but once the diet is over and the weight returns, another fad diet begins. Not only is this an unhealthy cycle for your body and overall health, but diets also don't help you learn about yourself.

Thus, it is more important to learn what foods your body likes and dislikes in terms of how they make you feel, and understanding how to control your portion sizes are more beneficial. These are the keys to living a healthy lifestyle.

A little bit of research goes a long way.

Learning more about each food group, including carbs, protein and fats, and how to eat for your body type, exercise level, and overall lifestyle take time but the benefits will come pouring in. Although this may take more time and effort, nothing replaces healthy eating with a fad diet.

No one diet works for everyone. Learn about your body, your specific needs and adjust your food habits to have greater success in the long-run.