The CBD Trend That Everyone Needs To Know About

Chocolate chip cookies, different ice-cream flavors or infused into olive oil: Cannabis is coming to the kitchen near you.

This hot food trend that has been all over this 2019 is CBD and cannabis-infused food. Of course, this trend of food is a non-psychoactive compound found in the cannabis plants that enthusiasts say it offers health benefits while tempting the palate.
This is still not allowed on ordinary restaurants because Cannabis remains illegal at the federal level, and only 10 states have legalized it for recreational and medicinal purposes. Because CBD products are often derived from hemp, which usually is imported but is legal nationally, diners and other restaurants can expect to see CBD on menus across the USA, although specific regulations may vary.

Some restauranteurs looking to do CBD-infused food have turned to private supper clubs that offer menus with upscale cannabis-infused dishes. One well-known chef, Travis Petersen, travels across Canada hosting cannabis-infused diners at Airbnb rentals. He advertises his dinners through social media, he sticks to using odorless, tasteless cannabis oil. Also, wealthy consumers from Colorado and Washington have turned to private chefs who specialize in cannabis-infused food.
Also, another well-known chef, Josh Schwab, whose Denver-area doughnut shop, featured a CBD-frosted doughnut topped with a candied hemp lead and sells more than 20 each weekend day which he calls, "Glazed & Confuzed". He says that you'll get all the relaxation without the head high. "It kinda just takes the edge off," he adds.

The regulators' laws haven't stopped some restaurants from selling CBD-infused products to respond to consumers demand. CBD is short for cannabidiol, is pitched ad helping the body relax without altering the mind like THC.

Is Hemp Oil the same as CBD oil?

Understanding the difference between these two is very important since their uses vary drastically. Hemp oil is obtained by pressing hemp seeds, while CBD is a natural company found in both hemp and marijuana plants. Hemp oil and CBD are not the same, even though there are both obtained from the same plant, hemp oil is very useful containing a lot of omega 6 and 3 fatty acids and antioxidants.

Now, let's take a look at other CBD-infused trends that are dominating the world this 2019:

1. CBD-Infused Beverages

https://unsplash.com/photos/5Dyrcn5ocfk

As new ways to use CBD are arriving in the market, some beverages brands are leading the way, for example, the sparkling water brand, Recess have CBD-infused drinks, also coffees, sodas, and waters has been added to this major trend.

2. CBD-Infused Beauty Products

https://www.allure.com/gallery/cbd-skin-care-products

"There is limited data to suggest that CBD may decrease oil production when applied topically," says Joshua Zeichner, director of cosmetic and clinical research at Mount Sinai Hospital, who explains that hemp seed oil is a common source of natural anti-inflammatory cannabinoids, "hemp seed oil also acts as an emollient to smooth rough cells on the skin's surface and offers moisturizing benefits," Zeichner adds. These are some CBD-infused skin-care products to add a hit of calm to your daily routine. Kiehl's Cannabis Sativa Seed Oil Herbal Concentrate to reduce redness, Saint Jane Luxury Beauty Serum that brightens and soothes your skin, and if you are looking for a body lotion providing anti-inflammatory and skin-calming ingredients Cannuka Nourishing Body Cream is the best choice for you.

Soon this will be a bigger trend, though this has been around for ages, 2019 has been the year that CBD bursts onto the health and wellness scene. For now, restaurants that offer CBD-infused products are looking at beverages. Trendy coffee shops advertise CBD-infused lattes, while some bars have CBD cocktails on their menus, but don't worry because most bartenders avoid mixing the ingredient with alcohol given the strained regulatory environment. The growth and acceptance of CBD may increase more over the years, but it is believed that this trend will be here to stay.