10 Travel Tips From A Frequent Flyer

10 Travel Tips From A Frequent Flyer

From my Frequent Flyer miles to you
231

1. Pack your hand luggage light, and your check-in back heavy

The worst thing is searching through your large-sized Kate Spade to try and find your passport, because you chose to bring a big carry-on so you could fit your crafts kit in there for the boring mid-flight hours. Take a small carry-on with JUST the essentials i.e. dump the books and the passport, and go with the crafting kit.

2. Take earplugs

There is nothing worse than falling asleep finally and being woken up by screaming child. Furthermore, earplugs indicate that you do not want to be woken so will stop flight attendants from disturbing you.

3. Stay warm

Planes get really chilly, especially when you're on the back of the back section, in the nosebleeders, because you spent all your money on the clothes you're going to wear on your trip. You're right by the vents in this area of the plane, so take a scarf and an extra pair of fluffy socks so you don't get cold.

4. Snacks are free

Ask for free stuff. You don't realize JUST how many bags of peanuts and pretzels lie beyond that mysterious curtain at the front of the plain, but it would be enough to feed a starving country.

5. Use the First Class bathroom

Sneak up and use the First Class bathroom. It is slightly bigger, and their soap smells nicer. Flight attendants also check on this bathroom and keep it nice and clean.

6. Don't carry your laptop

For long-haul flights in the modern age, most planes will have a TV. If you are trying to do some work on the plane a) don't do it, relax b) there are amazing movies which aren't on Netflix yet! If you really feel the need to work, take a mini iPad on there as laptops are heavy, take up a lot of space, and are often checked at airport security if they are in your carry-on.

7. Use a colorful check-in bag

Speed up the process by knowing which back is yours on the belt and avoiding a luggage switch-up.

8. If using the overhead storage, put your bag at the front of the plane

This way, in the rush to get to customs, you won't be waiting in your seat to retrieve your bag from the back of the plane.

9. Advil, melatonin, and a glass of wine is the recipe for a peaceful flight

This doesn't need an explanation but has been my remedy for the last couple of years, as I do about six 11 hr flights a year

10. Don't have children

Or at the very least, don't fly with them.