7 Movies That Make You Feel Like You're Somewhere Else

Here are 7 movies to make you feel like you're traveling the world while you're stuck in your house.

259
Some movies have the ability to transport you to completely different places.

Amélie

Looking to brush up on your French? Or do you just have an overwhelming urge to leave your house and travel? Either way, not to worry… there are English subtitles. Amelie is a surprisingly un-corny story about a twenty-something waitress finding love in 1990s Paris. Pay attention to the fashion and the moody French soundtrack.

Casablanca

"Here's looking at you kid...." Yes, it's black and white. Yes, the characters have weird accents (even though they are supposed to be American). But this dramatic, wartime story truly transports you to 1940s Morocco.

Roman Holiday

Also black and white. I know. But trust me on this- Roman Holiday is one of the most iconic travel movies ever created. There are scenes shot at almost every famous monument and tourist attraction in Rome. Pay attention to Audrey Hepburn's outfits!

To Catch A Thief

This movie is an inspiring but forbidden romance that takes place in the beautiful French Riviera. Again, pay attention to the fashion!

Moana

Okay, I know it's a kid's movie… but it still makes you feel like you're in Hawaii. The quality of the animation is unreal.

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

A very light-hearted movie that features some of the coolest destinations on earth: New York, Greenland, Iceland, Yemen, and Afghanistan. Watch it.

Rocky (all of them!)

Missing Villanova and Philadelphia? I'm sure we've all taken the SEPTA into 30th street to run up and down the famous steps. Rocky will take you back to an iconic, 1970s Philly that's totally different from the one that we know.