Coronavirus Quarantine: 13 Movies To Pass The Time

What you could be watching...

17

Everyone knows that the Coronavirus has impacted lives around the world. Many people are under quarantine or stay-at-home orders during this time. What are you going to do while stuck inside? Watch movies, of course. Here is my list of 13 movies you should watch while stuck at home with nothing better to do.

Grab the popcorn and something to drink... it's movie time.

1. Arrival (2016)

This movie creeped me out big time. if you love sci-fi and like that anticipation of not really knowing what is going on until the end, then this film is for you.

2. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone (2001)

I couldn't write any sort of movie list without including my favorite series. With just the right amount of magic, laughs, and darker thrills, Harry Potter is legendary.

3. Back to the Future (1985)

The classic time travel film has to go onto my list. While other movies handle going back in time, nothing comes close to being as good as this one.

4. Ghostbusters (1984)

Who you gonna call? The Ghostbusters. This one had to be on my list of films to watch while stuck inside because it is perfect to get lost in, while cracking up laughing at the antics of the ghost crew.

5. A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)

The only horror film I included is this one and that is only because it is one of the ones that creeps me out the most. I can watch Mike Myers and Jason with no issue, but Freddy gets me spooked.

6. Black Panther (2018)

The magic, the technology, the hidden civilization willing to go to war. Black Panther has everything you could want or need in a film.

7. Hidden Figures (2016)

This movie was poignant in a way I wasn't expecting. It shocked me and made me believe that there is still good in the world, even if people aren't always acknowledging it.

8. Die Hard (1988)

Ah! Alan Rickman... need I say more? This is one of his best films, not counting Harry Potter. He is truly a magnificent bad guy. RIP Alan, us fans truly do miss you, but we are so happy we can revisit your penultimate moments like this one.

9. Wonder Woman (2017)

Female empowerment at its finest is what Wonder Woman is all about. I absolutely love what they did with this film and giving her such a compelling backstory.

10. Road House (1989)

Another classic I couldn't skip. This movie is cheesy in the best way possible.

11. Rudy (1993)

I cried the first time I saw this film. It was moving and I loved the journey the main character, Rudy, goes through.

12. You’ve Got Mail (1998)

Yes, believe it or not AOL is still around, but sadly the classic "You've Got Mail" voice notification has long since been abandoned. This is still a great feel good rom-com anyone can get behind.

13. Erin Brockovich (2000)

I love this movie so much. It warms my heart to see an essentially single mom struggling to navigate her own life and take care of her kiddos. The fact that she makes a major breakthrough as a lawyers assistant just adds to the story.

Share a photo of you watching your favorite film while stuck indoors with @NSSOdyssey on Instagram!

For more information on COIVD-19, please visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html