I'd Rather Travel And Make Memories Than Stay Put And Make Money
Travel

You can always make more money, but you can't always make more memories.

106
Sade Yinger

Saving money is nice, I'd agree. But you can't take your money with you when you're gone. So why save your whole life when you can splurge and go on trips- where you make tons of memories? To me, memories are worth way more than any amount of money.

I'd rather make memories and travel the world than continue to save money for all of the "what-ifs." I'd rather live my life and spend the money that I worked so hard to earn. You worked hard for the money, why not reward yourself with a well-deserved trip? You can always make more money, but you can't always make more memories.

Memories from vacations are some of the best memories I have ever made. For me, vacations allowed me to spend some of the quality time with my family that I didn't always get to have. Getting to have some of the conversations I've always wanted to have. Getting to share stories and memories with your family while you're all together on vacation. Going out to eat at restaurants you will probably never get to visit again.

Taking tons of pictures and selfies, documenting the days where you had no care in the world. Relaxing and taking the time to press the reset button on life. Getting to explore what our beautiful Earth has to offer. Broadening your horizons by experiencing a different way of life than you're accustomed to. Vacations gave us a getaway for a short amount of time- a break from reality. A break from worrying about money issues. A time where all the hard times are somehow worth it because you get to finally enjoy yourself.

If you're looking for a sign to take a break, pack up your family, and go for a vacation... this is it. Take a break from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Stop saying "one day" you'll go on vacation... make that day TODAY. Stop waiting to make memories with your family. Don't tell yourself you don't have the money to splurge on a vacation when you certainly do! Take a risk and plan a vacation! You will never regret the fun, timeless memories you make while on vacation. No one ever says "wow I wish I wouldn't have traveled and had an amazing time."

Let me also note that vacations don't have to be a pricy, expensive trip! Taking a trip an hour away, and just getting away for 24 hours might be the only trip you can afford right now and THAT IS TOTALLY FINE and 100% understandable. Not everyone can afford a luxurious, week-long escape from reality. Everyone is at different points in their life. But it's so important to have a "vacation" whatever that means to you.

Just remember a vacation isn't about the money you spend, how expensive the hotel is, how much you can spend on food, etc... it's about how you choose to spend those moments. It's about who you spend your time with, how you spend those precious minutes together & how you will always remember these memories for the rest of your life.