Transgenderism Isn't Worth Your Attention

Being different doesn't deserve praise.

91
Forward.com

I'll start off by saying this; I am pretty liberal when it comes to social matters and the people's freedom to live as they please. Gay marriage, I support it. Abortion, I support that, too. Would I do any of those things? No, but I don't think that any human or humans should have the power to dictate another person's life because that is literally what the founding fathers were fighting for when they rebelled against the British. What is ironic about my beliefs is that I do believe in the existence and virtues set by the Judaeo-Christian God, which may seem like it conflicts with my political beliefs stated above. I don't believe the government should restrict how you want to live your life unless it is detrimental to society (i.e. rape, murder, etc). Heck, I don't even believe that taxes should pay for anything other than home defense, courts and police. However, I recognize that God gave humans free will, and it is up to him to cast the final judgement on their lives. By doing so, I allow myself to practice God's most important rule that a lot of religious people tend to forget or ignore: "Love thy neighbor." I don't hate anyone for being different, nor do I believe that anyone should be burned at the stake and be called a witch for being abnormal either. What I do have a problem with is that transgenderism is becoming a publicity stunt and receives a ton of our attention—and doesn't deserve almost any of it.

Transgenderism became an issue in this country because Bruce Jenner decided enough was enough and he wanted to identify as a woman to make himself feel more comfortable. At first, people had no idea what to think about this former Olympic athlete surgically changing his body to a more feminine one and adopting the new identity as "Caitlyn." She then gained more attention to her controversial wins at the ESPY Awards for the Courage Award and Glamour's Woman of the Year Award. Caitlyn's Woman of the Year Award left some people saying "Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner winning 'Woman of the Year' just proves that men are better than women at everything, even being a woman" among other things. Despite all this, Caitlyn still has male genitalia and has yet to confirm whether she will go under the full transformation.

Since then, the transgender community has received more attention, most recently regarding bathroom policy. Transgenders want to go into the bathroom of their adopted gender and not their natural one. I, for one, would like to drive on the same side of the roads as Australians and the English do because I like that side more, but I digress. Transgenders have been going to their preferred restroom for years based on how well they imitate their preferred sex. Some transgenders are not as good as others at being good imitators and they feel like its unfair that not all transgenders are treated equally. But since when has any person on the face of the planet ever been treated equally? Regardless, I have come up with a few solutions to deal with this unimportant issue:

Resolution 1: Gender-Neutral Bathrooms

This will be the most likely outcome of all of this. Doing this will give the opportunity for both genders to police any perverts/sexual deviants from doing harm to bystanders.

Resolution 2: Port-a-potties

Also gender neutral, just more cramped and smelly. On the bright side, they can be moved if need be.

Resolution 3: Transgender Bathrooms

Also a likely outcome. The issue would be that there would now need to be four bathrooms for everyone. One for men, one for women, one for men turned into women and one for women turned to men. This would require a lot of capital and time to allow businesses and public institutions to accommodate transgender people's waste excretion needs, which brings me to my next and more fiscally conservative idea.

Resolution 4: No Bathrooms

Since we can't agree on them, let's just get rid of them all together and let people urinate and defecate in the streets like nature intended. Yeah, it'll be hard dodging everyone else's mess walking down the avenue, but at least the arguing will stop.

Resolution 5: Everyone Wears Diapers

This is my favorite option. Transgenders, social conservatives and everyone in-between are being babies about this petty situation so we might as well start treating ourselves and each other like it.

Now I get why everyone is upset about this topic. Transgenders want to be treated equally and be able to force their beliefs upon people that they are whatever gender they are despite the genitalia they have now or were born with. The argument is that gender is fluid, but sex is adamant. Social conservatives are worried about people posing as transgenders to sexually assault the opposite sex, which I personally believe is a reasonable concern, regardless of anyone's sexual orientation.

This is the part where I become less socially liberal and become a realist, so if you can't handle the facts, I suggest you stop reading.

Liberal thinking has lead into the creation of an extreme open-mindedness. It has become so hard for people, most notably liberal millennials, to say or accept that someone/something else is wrong contrary to the falsehood of the speaker's statement. If an obvious white adult male came up you and told you that he was actually a dragon, should you believe him? Absolutely not, that's just absurd. If the same man told you he was a four-year-old girl and has zero distinction that he is, should you believe him? No, because there is no distinction and doesn't make sense. When someone has a mental and/or behavioral pattern that makes them struggle with ordinary life, they have a what's called a mental disorder. The former head of psychiatry at Johns Hopkins has gone on the record and stated that transgenderism is a mental disorder. Johns Hopkins halted their sex-reassignment surgeries because the patients that had sex-reassignment surgery "psycho-social adjustments were no better than those who didn't have the surgery." Yet what has happened instead of being treated like an illness was a civil rights movement sprouted from the LGBT community.

People are afraid to say no because people don't want to be called bigots by overtly progressive thinkers. Sometimes the progressive thinking lacks logic and reason. No one should be afraid to say something is wrong because the intelligence our society holds will begin to regress without discussion. Businesses don't like "yes-men" because there is no challenge or other option to be offered, so why become one? Don't be afraid to hurt someone's feelings if you're not intending to. That's only a problem with their ego not being able to handle opposition. A large ego is the product of someone that is mentally weak.

I'm no doctor, so I'm not going to state that transgenderism is a mental disorder, despite the evidence produced from Johns Hopkins. What I will say is that if someone is transgender, there is no reason to care.

I'm white, straight and male, does anyone care? No. Oh wow, you're different? Me too! So is everyone! All these civil rights movements are for equality, so if the way I am and the way I live my life doesn't actually matter, neither should yours.

The media has engineered transgenderism to be a controversial topic, which it is most certainly not. We know they exist and as long as no harm is being done to any community, why bother worrying about it? If transgenderism is a mental disorder, who cares? It isn't harming me that someone thinks that he is actually a she and vice versa. There are plenty of other mental disorders that are far more dangerous. As Christians, or any decent human being, I'm not provoking that you should support LGBT rights or anything really. What I'm asking you to do is to do the right thing and love thy neighbor. It's what we should all do because it's the right thing to do. Not everyone that is gay, transgender, etc. can help it so accept them as they are. The issue should not be with transgenderism, it should be with the protection of the people from a situation that could cause a spike in sexual assaults. We have congressional elections and a presidential election coming up. Those are far more worth your time discussing and researching than whether Caitlyn Jenner should use the men's or women's restroom.