Top 10 Favorite Movie Scenes

Top 10 Favorite Movie Scenes

Moments in the movies.

498
Top 10 Favorite Movie Scenes
unsplash

My entire life I've been a really big movie fan. My family used to have impromptu movie nights often where we would rent movies from Redbox ranging from G-Force to Avatar to The Lucky One. One of my favorite places to go is to the movie theater, and I've accumulated a lot of movie minutes under my belt. So naturally, there are some scenes that really stand out to me and have a special place in my heart. Here's a list of my top 10 favorite movie moments:

10. The Princess Diaries 2

You're lying to me and most importantly to yourself if you tell me you weren't ridiculously jealous of all these girls during this scene. I've always wished I was a princess for the dresses, the tiaras, and the grace. This scene made me realize the most important aspect that I was missing: a proper area with which to go mattress surfing.

9. East of Eden

</center>

My heart breaks every time I hear the broken and misunderstood Cal tell his father: "tonight I even tried to buy your love." Part of the reason is an overwhelming love for James Dean, but most is how real and vulnerable this scene is. Cal finally admits to the most important people in his life what has been troubling him as long as he's lived: jealousy.

8. Finding Nemo

This movie is easily my favorite Disney movie, and this scene is one of many where Marlin underestimates Dory (who ends up being right). I'd like to personally thank Ellen Degeneres for helping to create such a magical childhood for me.

7. Percy Jackson & the Lightning Thief

I read all of these books ridiculously fast in middle school, and although the movie is very different from the book it's still one of my favorites. "I think I am the son of Poseidon" is the ultimate getting-back-at-your-haters line. Sorry Luke, spited and rebellious son of Hermes just doesn't cut it around these parts.

6. Tarzan

This is the second out of three Disney movies on this list because in case you haven't noticed, I love Disney. It only took me almost my entire 18 years of living to realize the racial undertones to this movie, and how it is about acceptance of diversity and how some people struggle to do that. In this scene, Tarzan realizes the basics of what makes someone human, and therefore connects him to Jane: a heart, two hands, and two eyes.

5. A Walk to Remember

I'll admit this movie is a little corny, but I need a little corniness to help me get by sometimes. The reason I love this scene so much is how good Shane West is at portraying what we all realize halfway through the song: he is falling in love with her. This is definitely one of the big turning points in the movie, and it is also a beautiful song.

6. Psycho

If this isn't one of your favorite movies ever I don't know what is. While I do love the end scene in all its non-gory creepiness, there is something about Norman's proclamation that "we're all in our private traps" that really gets to me. This movie is truly a work of art, and will hopefully continue to be appreciated in the years to come.

5. Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King

4. God's Not Dead

If you haven't seen this movie, you really should even if you're not Christian. It makes some really good points about both sides of the creationism and God argument. This scene is the most heightened scene in the movie (I think). When Josh reverts the professors words on himself, I actually remember clapping in the middle of the movie theater. This scene is definitely the turning point in this movie.

3. Beauty and the Beast

I keep saying things like "work of art" and "masterpiece" but none of those even come close to paralleling how masterful this entire movie is, especially this scene. The visual team did such an incredible job that every time I watch Beauty and the Beast, I notice something new. The music, the imagery, and the storyline of this scene gives it a dark and magical feeling, and sets the tone for the rest of the film.

2. He's Just Not That Into You

Call me a hopeless romantic but this scene gives me butterflies. It is for the most part completely unrealistic, but you can't help but find Alex's conflicted realizations sweet and endearing. When he hits her with that 'you're my exception,' I always feel positive the entire movie led up to this one point.

1. The Dark Knight

"I'm a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it" is my favorite line from a movie ever, and therefore this is my favorite scene. Heath Ledger, may he rest in peace, left behind such talent in his legacy. I'm not very into comics so if you are please don't fight me for saying this but the Joker is hands down my favorite villains for so many reasons, one being this version of him. This conversation in the hospital has all the right amounts of fear-inspiring, secretly-a-genius madman ravings that we would expect from the Joker.