The Top Places In Huntsville, AL To Satisfy Your Coffee Craving

One should never settle when it comes to certain things in life, and coffee is one of those things.

63
Sawada Coffee

One should never settle when it comes to certain things in life, and coffee is one of those things. There is something incommunicable about the emotions elicited by a quality cup of joe. In Huntsville, AL there are several coffee shops that bring out these feelings in me.

The first is Honest Coffee Roasters on Clinton Avenue in downtown Huntsville. Honest Roasters first opened a location in Franklin, TN (with another location in Nashville). It came to Huntsville in the style of a pop-up shop above U.G. White Mercantile, also on Clinton Avenue. It collaborated with Mason Dixon Bakery and Bistro, on Bob Wallace Avenue, to sell its coffee (which comes whole- bean and bagged or in the forms of a mocha, snickerdoodle latte, or, my favorite, a paleo latte) if the pop-up shop would sell Mason Dixon baked goods. The pop-up shop was such a success that Honest Roasters built its own shop downtown. Its menu offers classics like cappuccinos and lattes, but the real rave is their Cuban. This coffee is a touch sweeter than a regular brew, which is perhaps why it is so addicting. For those who have allergies or who simply do not like milk, Honest Roasters has a beautifully blended almond-coconut milk that is made in-house. It is my favorite thing to mix in my latte. The coconut milk adds a nice twist of sweetness to mesh with the almond flavor. Beyond coffee, the menu offers a handful of teas from Piper and Leaf, -- a shop originally located in Lowe Mill with an additional location in Madison, AL -- baked goods from Mason Dixon Bakery that are all gluten free (and taste amazing), and fresh acai bowls that are perfect for breakfast. Honest Roasters Coffee is my go-to spot for good coffee and article writing.

Another local coffee place one should check out when in HSV is Alchemy Lounge in Lowe Mill on Seminole Drive. This place has vibes like no other. Located inside an old mill-turned-art-museum, of course, it has a unique ambiance. It has a modern industrial flare that just puts me in a good mood when I walk through the entrance. As far as coffee goes, those vibes do not pale in comparison to its atmosphere. You cannot go wrong with a cappuccino, latte, or cortado, but the employees at Alchemy are constantly coming up with drinks as individual as the shop itself, like a charcoal lemonade or a drink known as By Another Name, made of cascara tea, rosewater, lemon, and rose petal. Alchemy is great for that person with a little extra funk in their personality.

Some other fantastic local coffee shops in the 256 include Old Towne Coffee in Five Points, which is the cutest and humblest little coffee shop I have had the pleasure of stumbling into. Also, Angels Island Coffee on South Parkway, which has a plethora of options ranging from espresso drinks to cold drinks to hot drinks, fruit smoothies to ice cream drinks to breezes. If you have not developed a necessity for coffee in your life as I have, or if you simply do not love it, Angel's Island has more than enough ways to satisfy you.

I appreciate what local shops do for a community, and I respect local shop owners for sharing their creations with me. If you are ever in Huntsville, do not miss an opportunity to frequent any of these little pieces of my heart, but no matter what community you find yourself in, always try to eat local, shop local, and live local.