Summer Sweets of NYC

Summer Sweets of NYC

Traverse Manhattan to Experience these Culinary Confections

247
Summer Sweets of NYC
Thrillist

Summer is quickly approaching. This means hot nights, and sweet treats to keep you cool. This is a guide all around NYC, with all the best donuts, pastries, bubble teas, and of course, ice creams. Perfect for true New Yorkers or tourists. Stay tuned for some classic staples and new up-and-coming favorites.

I CE NY

Ice cream mixed in front of you on -15 degree metal plates and then scraped off into rolls. It has a unique texture that is both icy and smooth. Mix it up with different add-ins to make each trip here unique.
Locations: 101 Macdougal St, New York, NY 10012

Molly's Cupcakes

Don't get me wrong, I like this bakery for more than just the name. This adorable cupcake shop has every kind of cupcake from peach cobbler to chocolate peanut butter. Not only are the treats delicious, but the whimsical cupcake bar has swings to sit in and enjoy while swinging back and forth. It's for all ages, not just for children, adults love the reminiscent experience.
Location: 228 Bleecker St, New York, NY 10014

Dough

These plump donuts are better than your average. They taste fresh and are an absolute must try for anyone that loves donuts (like me).

They also have locations all over the city, so there's no excuse not to visit them. Check out their hibiscus for a surprising and unique taste.
Locations: 230 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10169, 14 W 19th St. New York, NY 10011, 448 Lafayette Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11205

Dominique Ansel Bakery

The creator of the cronut just came out with a new treat, the frozen s'more. They are they perfect combination of cold and hot with the ice cream on the inside of a toasted marshmallow. There’s also the “cookie shot” a cookie filled with milk, allowing for the perfect satisfying taste. You can do no wrong here, as everything on the menu is a winner.

Location: 189 Spring St, New York, NY 10012

KITH Treats

Choose your favorite cereal and toppings combined with ice cream. It is the new trend with endless possibilities. Their tagline is "23 cereals. 25 toppings. 5 milks. 412,115,533,824 possibilities" so you really cannot go wrong. From Captain Crunch and Twix, to Cookie Crisp with cookie dough and white chocolate chips, any combination is possible. Hurry and grab it now!
Location: 233 Flatbush Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11217

ChikaLicious Dessert Bar

This place has become known for their churro ice cream cones. Not only is the cone a fresh, homemade cinnamon churro, but the ice cream and toppings are delicious as well. This cozy location has other winners like green tea crepe layer cake and other cookies, pies, and sundaes.
Location: 203 E 10th St, New York, NY 10003

Francois Paynard Bakery

This bakery just came out with the macaron doughnut. It's part donuts, part macaron, but 100 percent delicious. With cream in the middle, it looks too good not to try. Other classic favorites are staples and worth a few trips to try out everything.
Locations:
1293 3rd Avenue, New York, NY 10021, Plaza Food Hall, 1 West 59th St. New York, NY 10019, 3 Columbus Circle, New York, NY 10019, 116 West Houston Street. New York, NY 10012, 210 Murray Street. New York, NY 10282

Catch NYC

Now you probably have seen this on Instagram or Facebook because of how popular it is. Their “Hit-Me” chocolate cake has layers of brownie, ice cream, cake, ice cream covered in chocolate, with hot chocolate sauce dripped on top. You take your spoon and hit the ice cream on top, cracking it and dripping it all over the other layers. It's a fun experience and looks heavenly.
Location:
21 9th Ave, New York, NY 10014

Treat House

Think Rice Krispies on a whole new level. Any possible flavor is possible from bubble gum, to chocolate pretzel. These are perfect for those with allergies; as they are careful not to contaminate the different rice crispies. You can also order packs of them online and have them delivered right to your door.

Location: 1566 Second Avenue, New York, NY 10028, 452 Amsterdam Avenue, New York, NY 10024

Popbar

One of my personal favorites is definitely the Popbar. Specialty handcrafted gelato and sorbet on a stick with the toppings of your choice is fresh and delicious. You can go healthy, or a little decadent. Treat yourself, it's up to you.
Location: 5 Carmine St, New York, NY 10014

Max Brenner

Consider this a staple for all chocoholics. Every form of chocolate from chocolate pizza to ice cream, to fondue. It is a chocolate heaven. The amount of chocolate may be overwhelming, but could be the perfect late night treat.
Location: 841 Broadway, NYC, New York, NY 10003

ViVi Bubble Tea Les

This is the next up and coming NYC location. Bubble tea, cotton candy, and pop rocks. Could there be a better combination? I’ve tried it, and hands down, it is the best boba I have ever had. While there are a several locations, Allen Street is only location with the cotton candy. Instagram a photo of your treat at this location, and get the next boba free!
Location:
205 Allen St, New York, NY 10002

Sticky's Finger Joint

An interesting twist on typically savory food. They feature bar food with a juxtaposition, including s’mores fries, and salted caramel fingers, to buffalo balsamic maple sauce. This unique eatery is an escape from the normal and could be interesting to try. Definitely worth the risk. Come here to get your fill of sweet and salty.

Location: 31 W 8th St, New York, NY 10011

I hope you treat yo self to a few delicious desserts this summer!