Top 5 Way To Combat Stress

With school in full swing and Christmas break months behind us, I have been becoming more stressed. Anxiety, stress, and OCD come hand in hand. It's like they are best friends who can't live a day apart. Sooooo... I am creating this article to share helpful ways to combat your stress, anxiety, etc.

1. Exercise

Even if you look like the above picture when you exercise, still do it. I loathe going to the gym, but I will admit it is a time during the day that I am focused on other things besides everything else that is going on in my life. I usually just walk and lift a couple weights, but even that little bit can make you feel better.

2. Baths

Baths have become one of my favorite things. Use bath bombs, bubble bath (yes, even some kid bubble bath will do), candles, and music to create a relaxing atmosphere. This is good for relaxing not only your mind but also your muscles. My muscles and stress go hand in hand usually.

3. Wake up a bit early and do your makeup

This suggestion is for all my girly girls out there. One of the most satisfying and stress relieving activities is doing my makeup. I focus on looking fierce for the day and while I apply my makeup I turn on some Broadway tunes. It is one of the most satisfying moments of my day. No joke. Try it.

4. Face Masks

Some may think this is girly, but I promise it is not. Face masks will make your skin feel so much better. It is refreshing and relaxing. The great thing about these is that they can be found at a cheap price. I think that last one I applied was about $1.79. You can't beat that!

5. Read

I am not a big reader myself, but I have been trying to read more. It is relaxing and it can make you feel like you are in a whole other world. Maybe try to find a book on a topic you like. I am currently obsessed with the Myers-Briggs test and found out I am an ENFP. I found an ENFP book and have read half way through it. Read up on a topic you love.

Well, there you have it. These are my top 5 ways to relieve stress. However relaxing these suggestions may be, they are not meant to help heal any mental illness. These are simple suggestions that I hope will relieve some stress you may have from your anxiety etc.