Top 5 Things of Summer

Top 5 Things of Summer

When there are two weeks left of school, you just need the extra motivation to push through it.

4
Top 5 Things of Summer
the odyssey online

As June is approaching, all are anxious for the start of state tests and longing for the sweet embrace of the summer sun. Of course, while school is debatably the most important priority in one's life, the stress of 10 months of pure work suffocates you, and you're so ready to just get out of that damned building. So, as we suffer through the next 2 weeks of school, here's a list of the 5 things the summer offers us to push us through these finals.

"No more waking up at 6am"

Troy and Gabriella have been the spokespeople to the teen struggles, and there was no lyric more defining of the woes of teenagers than that. There's nothing like getting a good night's sleep, especially after spending all night rushing to finish your 200 page essay. But what's better? Sleeping in all day after watching the entire House of Cards series with your best friend.

A Night Out With Friends

There's nothing worse than going out with a friend and having the only thing they do is talk about school. I get it. I GET IT. I'm an over-achiever too, but really? Fast forward to June 10th 2017 and the only thing we're gonna be talking about is what we'll be doing every single day. Sleep overs, late night car rides, and reading till the end of dawn. A simple trip to Denny's at 2am is endlessly fun when you're with a bunch of fun loving friends-so hopefully I find them come summer.

Summer Jobs

No more multitasking. No more juggling both a job and school. It's all money now, and you have so much more time to spend it. Employers are hiring more in the summer, therefore a better chance at obtaining a job. Internships are on the to do list of all looking at competitive schools, and working in your future career environment is a dream come true.

Getting In Touch With Your Environment

I'm an avid fan of the beauty of nature, and summer is the perfect time to peruse the greens of trees and the blues of the sky. Going on morning hikes start off your day in the most positive way possible. Swimming in the lake lets you enjoy the fresh and cooling water under the blazing sun.

Getting In Touch With Yourself

Although summer is seen as a time to always go out and have some fun in the sun, it's never a bad idea to spend some time reflecting on yourself. Use the extra time to reevaluate everything you've done and what you want to do, it's the best time for self improvement, and you'll thank yourself for doing so while painting your nails and listening to classical music.