The Top 5 Best Fast Food Restaurants

The Top 5 Best Fast Food Restaurants

Everyone eats it, don't deny it.

30
The Top 5 Best Fast Food Restaurants
Wordpress

Yes, we are aware of how disgustingly putrid fast food is for us. We’ve all seen those time-lapse videos of people buying a Happy Meal and showing us how the food looks the same after a month. We all understand that the obscene amount of chemicals we are consuming have the authority to deteriorate our bodies from the inside out.

However, I’ll be the one to say it… I DON’T CARE! Yup, it feels great to say it: I eat fast food (in moderation!) and I love it. Those health gurus can have their organic gluten-free-low-fat-trans-fat-free-no-sugar-added frozen yogurt; I’ll take my small chocolate frosty eleven times out of ten. In fact, fast food is so good that I’m going to rank the top five fast food joints.

5. Boomer’s (Located right outside of WPI in Worcester, MA)

I know a lot of you are probably thinking what the hell is Boomers? Well, I’ll be honest; this is a little selfish of a pick for me. It isn’t a chain, most of you probably haven’t eaten there before, and I honestly don’t care because the food was spectacular. I buried my face into their Texan, which consists of bacon, chicken, and steak all stuffed into a calzone and smothered in BBQ sauce. In that moment it was just the calzone and I, and it was beautiful.

Boomer’s also cracks the top five as sort of an admission of defeat by myself. Usually, I pride myself in strolling into restaurant, ordering an egregious amount of food, and eating it without any issues. However, the Texan was just too tall of a task for me. I tried to fight through the pain, but after a noble effort, I threw in the towel. Sometimes, you have to tip your hat and pay your respects, and my ranking of Boomer’s does just that.

4. Pizza Hut

Pizza Hut will be my only pizza-related fast food restaurant to crack the top five, and for good reason. I go to school in New York, so there are a lot of pizza elitists over here telling me that nothing beats Brooklyn pizza or Jersey pizza or whatever else there is around The Big Apple. Let me tell you this, I’d put a fresh perfectly made Pizza Hut pie up against any other pizza that’s out there. Between the overabundance of cheese loaded on top of their sauce, or buttered crust that you can stuff with gooey cheese, Pizza Hut is right up there with any pizza I’ve ever had.

Also, an aspect that guaranteed Pizza Hut a spot in the top five is their quick-serve locations in Target. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve dropped anything and everything I was doing when my mom would say she was going to Target; because that meant pizza for me (that, and spending quality time with my mother… I love you, Mom!)

3. McDonald’s

Nothing, and I mean nothing pisses me off more than when people act condescending towards McDonald’s (at least in the realm of fast food discussion). “Ugh, I can’t even remember the last time I ate at McDonald’s” “It’s sooo gross”. Shut up. Shut up right now, because McDonald’s is delicious. Their fries are probably better than any fancy five star restaurants could present you, and don’t even get me started on their diverse options at the desert menu. Cookies, sundaes, apple pies… it’s truly glorious. If you act like you are above McDonald’s, then try and come back down to Earth with everyone else in America before your ego gets too big for this planet.

2. Burger King

If you had asked me to write this article a few months ago, no way I’d be putting Burger King in my top two. However, they always say that a young kid always has that one magical summer. The type of summer that truly changes the kind of person you are. A summer you can look back on and say “yeah, I did that one right.” For me, that was Summer 2016… the summer I discovered the Dr. Pepper Milkshake.

I’ll never forget it. After an exhausting night at work, I drove up to The Burger King drive thru and saw it. There was no way I was to discover someone was insane enough to create a Dr. Pepper milkshake and not try it out. I took a sip once I got it, and the rest was history.

I’m truly blessed to be alive in the year 2016, where innovation knows no bounds and people are daring enough to concoct something as revolutionary as a Dr. Pepper milkshake. That, and their new and improved value menu, is why Burger King snags the number two spot on this all-important list.

1. Wendy’s

Wendy’s, the crown jewel of fast food restaurants. Honestly, Wendy’s being the best fast food joint isn’t even a contest. To me, it’s all about balance. Yes, McDonald’s has incredible French fries… but their nuggets and burgers can be lacking at times. Yes, they definitely call it Burger King for a reason… but often times I find myself disappointed in their French fries for being too hot and not salty enough.

Wendy’s has it all. The burgers have a distinct taste that cannot be mistaken for anything else. Their sea salt French fries blend just the right amount of salt and freshness. However, the thing that impresses me the most is their desert option.

Notice how I said option and not option(s). That’s because Wendy’s only has one dessert option, the frosty, and it’s so freaking good that they don’t even need another thing to choose from. Wendy’s is basically telling us “yeah, we know you can only choose this one thing… but it’s so good, that we can get away with it.”

Hats off to you Wendy’s, for your guts and for making it to the top of my list.