Top 5 Athletes That Would Make Great Presidents

From the hardwood to the White House

121
www.defpen.com

With campaign season coming to an end I started to think to myself; I wonder what professional athlete would make a great president for our country? Being president isn't just a title but arguably the toughest occupation anybody could have. The job can be so stressful that you could lose your hair or your hair can turn grey. Just asked our current president Barack Obama. But to be the commander in chief it requires many unique intangibles. You must be intelligent, a great orator, show leadership, preserve trough tough situations and most importantly make everyone around you better. I can name a few athletes that have these traits and can be considered presidential. Here are my top five athletes that would make great Presidents.

5. Magic Johnson

Can you name a better leader than Magic Johnson? He has the highest levels of success on and off the court. After winning five championships with the Los Angeles Lakers, he became one of the richest and most successful athlete-turned-business man ever. Magic also knows how to deal with issues, tribulations and scrutiny. On November 7, 1991, Johnson announced to the world he tested positive for HIV and retired soon after. With a smile that can light up a room and a cool demeanor, Magic persereved and became bigger than the disease. With the country potentially divided, maybe the United States can use a little " Magic".

4. Tom Brady

Tom Brady just looks like he could be the President of the United States. He's the perfect example of someone working his way to the top. He was drafted in the sixth round of the 2000 draft and has become one of the greatest quarterbacks in NFL history. He has it all. The Super Bowl rings, the Tom Ford suits and the hot super model wife. But seriously he has what it takes to run for office right? Brady is very competitive and his preparation is more impressive than his performance. He's a natural born leader and makes everyone around him better. Also he plays for the New England Patriots, how presidential is that?

3. Tim Tebow

Tim Tebow has arguably the cleanest image and reputation in sports. He would be the perfect fit when it comes to running for president. You can't say anything bad about him unless you're talking about him throwing a football. The guy is motivational, he is politically correct all the time and he is always positive. Something that America needs in this day and time. He would have my vote for sure.

2. Peyton Manning

Presidential elections are known to be the biggest popularity contest on earth. Who's more popular than Peyton Manning? Manning has more endorsement deals and commercial than almost anyone in sports. Manning's good ole southern charm and humor would definitely real in some votes. But Manning is universally respected for his leadership, insane intelligence and work ethic. All traits you need to have to run the country.

1. LeBron James

Who's been to the White House more than LeBron James in the couple of years? LeBron is so impactful, that he doesn't just determine if his teams wins or not. He effects cities economy and the amount of jobs are available for example. For example, when James left Cleveland in 2010, the Cavaliers lost almost every game and the economy in Cleveland plummeted because he brought so much revenue for the city. When he came back in 2015, the Cavaliers won a championship and the economy in Cleveland has become even better. What man do you know can have so much impact with every move he makes? The President and LeBron James of course. He's controversial, a great speaker, great leader and overall great team player. He has visthe White House a lot lately. He might as well stay and help out.