13 Food Combinations To Improve Your Dining Hall Experience

Top 13 Food Combinations To Improve Your Dining Hall Experience

Next time you get tired of the same old dining hall food, read this article and I'' show you how you can literally mix it up for once.

499

Let's face it, as much as we love Spit the food can get boring after a while. I know some people who will eat literally the same exact thing every day. Can you imagine?! I personally am one of the least picky eaters on this planet, so I never have a problem, but I've decided to use my palate to taste test some unique food combinations that can shake up your daily routine in the dining hall. Make sure you read them all because I promise there is something here for everyone!

1. The burrito burger

Something not a lot of people take advantage of is toppings intended for nachos and things like that, and almost nobody thinks to use them on their everyday meals. I found out that if you make your own burger with salsa, cheese, and sour cream, it really changes the game all together.

2. Adding salad dressing to plain vegetable entrees

Sometimes there will just be roasted or steamed vegetables for lunch or dinner and that's great. I love eating healthy. But to spice things up, you can put some Italian or ranch from the salad bar to add some flavor if you really can't handle plain vegetables.

3. Cheesy Chips

Now this one takes dedication. You just buy a bag of your favorite chips, put some cheese from the all day breakfast or... taco or... nacho bar? whatever it is, but the shredded cheese in a cup, but the chips on a plate in your dorm room, put the cheese on the chips, microwave that room temperature. This recipe is cutesy of Rachael Le (https://www.theodysseyonline.com/user/@rachaelle)

4. Creamsicle drink

You ever had a Creamsicle? Well if you just mix milk, orange juice, and ice, you got a make shift melted Creamsicle! Yummmm.

5. Cereal 2.0

Ever get tired of boring old cereal? Try switching it up by using Powerade instead of milk, or Niquill... in the morning... when you're perfectly healthy . Really, any liquid and any grain in a bowl is cereal, so if you want to put rice and vanilla-orange Coke in a bowl, that could be your new hit cereal!

6. Fruit and ketchup

Don't knock it til you try it! The sweet and sour really compliment each other nicely, I give it a 10/10

7. Stir fry, but raw

Next time your order your stir fry, ask for it extra fresh and they will give you a bowl of uncooked rice with veggies and sauce. It is a really unique way to change up your daily stir fry order and still get that great nutrients!

8.  The Behemoth

This concoction is not for the picky eaters among us. If you like dessert, this is your kinda dish. First you take chocolate pudding, stir it up in a cup with half and half, m&m's, Oreo Crumbs, Marshmallows, mayonnaise, and a can of tomato juice. I know, it sounds gross, but trust me, it is scrumdiddlyumptious! You can thank me later.

9. A waffle, but cook it for 17 extra cycles, and let it sit for 8 days under your bed. Serve with heated syrup.

Now that's fine dining!!!

10. Gam Gam's hot banana water (Revised Recipe)

To make this homemade classic in the Spit, take a banana, peel it, throw away the fruit, put the peel in a mug with hot water, and let it steep for 3 hours. Then, enjoy!

11. Spicy hot dog

Make a plain hot dog, empty out your backpack, take all the weird crumbs from the bottom, and sprinkle it on the wiener. Bon Appetit.

12. Every liquid mixed

I'm talking juice, milk, hot water, salad dressing, hand sanitizer. Run the whole gauntlet and you've got yourself a sweet treat.

13. Lick the bottom of the legs of every chair, table, and person within eyesight

Trust me on this one