Check out your next road trip eatery!

5 Reasons Cracker Barrel Is The Best Chain Restaurant In The United States, No Doubt About It

It's just factual.

1362
Cracker Barrel

The United States is home to over a million different restaurants, but none can compare to the 645 Cracker Barrel locations. Cracker Barrel saw the consumerist nature of the U.S. and capitalized on it by combining a shop with a restaurant — to this I say, genius! Absolutely genius! Cracker Barrel is there on every long car ride with entertainment and food that will last you hours. For reasons other than their billboards that boast, "Big Pancakes, Cute Syrup," Cracker Barrel stands the test of time as the best American restaurant.

1. The Peg Game

Every table at Cracker Barrel comes equipped with this peg game that not only provides entertainment but also tells you how intelligent you are. It's a good way to distract yourself from thinking of all the delicious calories you're about to consume.

2. The Old Country Store

You can get everything from Cracker Barrel jams and foodstuffs to blankets and rocking chairs. This store can distract you for hours and leave your wallet a little bit lighter.

3. The rocking chairs

After you've acquired a food baby close to bursting, you can sit and relax on a giant rocking chair on the front porch. You can nurse your food baby while also pretending to tell your nonexistent grandchildren about "back in your day."

4. The price to size ratio of food

Cracker Barrel not only gives you a huge entree but also includes your choice of 2-3 sides overflowing with food. You'll leave close to bursting with some leftovers for later.

5. The polite staff

It's that southern hospitality they all must have because I've never once had a bad waiter/waitress experience at Cracker Barrel. Once, the waitress gave us free drinks and discounts on our food just because they forgot some sides. A+ customer service!

Cracker Barrel may not be the restaurant at the top of your dining list, but it sure should be. Cracker Barrel is like a good friend: loyal, caring, and always there for you even if you haven't talked in a while. We should be grateful for this gem of a place and not take it for granted. Next time you're on a road trip, stop by for good food and an even greater experience.