Top 11 Cruelty Free Cosmetic Companies

Top 11 Cruelty Free Cosmetic Companies

Find out how you can look fabulous and still stay cruelty free!

425
Top 11 Cruelty Free Cosmetic Companies
https://static.pexles.com

Who doesn't love cute, fluffy bunnies? They are too cute not to love them! Well, there are some cosmetic companies that will help your glow-up game while also saving so many animals from being tested on. Though many people believe that animal testing is necessary, the real truth is that testing on animals is expensive and it doesn't necessarily mean that we are getting safe products. That being said, there are plenty of cruelty-free cosmetic companies that make amazing cosmetics without harming little bunnies and mice. So, here are the top 11 cruelty free cosmetic companies based on not only my experience with them, but my roommates experience as well:

1. Urban Decay

Urban decay makes the very famous Naked Palette (all three and the smokey eye palette priced at $54 currently) and other amazing cosmetics. Urban Decay is actively against animal testing, PETA approved, and, at the moment, one of my all-time favorite makeup companies. All of their cosmetics are great and they are very easy to use if you don't dapple in the art of makeup that often. Even though they can be a bit pricey depending on your budget, their cosmetics are a worthwhile investment if you are looking to have a very nice natural look while also staying cruelty free.

2. ColourPop

This is my personal favorite when it comes to cruelty-free cosmetic brands. ColourPop is a great dupe if you can't afford a brand like Urban Decay or Too Faced. Most of their cosmetics are priced anywhere from $5-$8, and after you spend $30, the shipping is free (and who doesn't love free shipping?). The only downside to ColourPop is that their cosmetics are only available online, so sometimes buying their products can be a hit or miss. Luckily, ColourPop is a big enough company that you can go online and see practically all of their products swatched on various skin tones. Another good thing about this company is that when they do show swatches of their products, they are shown in a variety of different skin tones so that a majority of people will know how the color will look on them!

3. Too Faced

My roommate's favorite cruelty free cosmetic company is Too Faced. Similar to Urban Decay, Too Faced is a bit pricey depending on your budget, but their cosmetics are definitely worth the price that you pay. One of their most popular items is their Chocolate Palette (Now priced at $49) and the most wonderful thing about it (besides thee fact that you can create so many amazing looks with it) is that it actually smells like chocolate. Yum!

4. LUSH

If you haven't watched a video of a bath bomb going off yet, then you have probably been living under a rock. A lot of people only think of the bath bombs whenever LUSH is mentioned, but they make a whole lot more than just the bath bombs. LUSH makes a mascara that actually nourishes and conditions your eyelashes by using a fresh wheat grass formula. They don't just stop there though! They make tinted moisturizers, lipsticks, eye shadows, and eyeliners. Not to mention their products are all fresh, handmade from all natural ingredients, and cruelty free. Their products can be pricey, but especially with LUSH above all other brands, you definitely get a bang for your buck. With a lot of LUSH products you don't need a lot of the product itself to be looking and feeling beautiful.

5. e.l.f

This is the company that a lot of college students turn to because their cosmetics are wallet-friendly and their brushes are absolutely fantastic. You can find e.l.f. cosmetics in any CVS or Walgreens (and sometimes even grocery stores). All of their brushes are under $5, and most of their eyeshadow palettes don't go above $10, and unlike a lot of inexpensive eyeshadow palettes, e.l.f.'s eyeshadows have a lot of pigment to them, and you can make a lot of amazing looks with them.

6. Milani

I first discovered Milani cosmetics when I was in dire need of a light pink eyeshadow because I had just used the last of the one that I got from my Naked palette. So, I went to CVS and I found a Milani eyeshadow palette and I remember seeing the brand on my list of cruelty free makeup brands, so I decided to take a chance on the little $7 palette. Even though the shadow was powdery and there was quite a bit of fallout, the pigment was amazing and on the back of their palettes it will give you tips on how to apply the colors your given, so this is a great product if you are just starting to learn how to do makeup while also staying cruelty free.

7. NARS

NARS is a cruelty-free company that makes amazing pro makeup. So, if you are pretty handy when it comes to the art of makeup and looking for a way to stay cruelty, then I highly recommend NARS products for you! I know many people who use their All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation (priced at $48 currently) and absolutely adore it.

8. bareMinerals

This is actually a brand of cosmetics that I have never tried before, but I have heard nothing but good things about this company. They are most famously known for their amazing powder foundation (now priced at $28.50). What a lot of people might not know is that bareMinerals and NARS are under the same larger company name. Though the larger company is not always cruelty free, these two companies are, and they do not have factories in mainland China where it is required by law to do animal testing.

9. NYX

NYX cosmetics are really great because much like e.l.f., this is a line of cosmetics that you can find in most drug stores, so it isn't as expensive as a brand like Urban Decay or LUSH. One of their more famous products is their soft matte lip cream (now priced at $5.99 at Ulta.) I have personally tried their soft matte lip cream and I can say as someone who was just starting to learn how to do makeup, this was an amazing product. NYX is an amazing brand if you want to stay cruelty free while also looking amazing.

10. ecotools

There is nothing like a soft, new makeup brush to help make your look even more amazing, so why can't the brushes you use also be cruelty free? These brushes can be found at any drug store at a relatively cheap price, and they are amazingly soft! I would highly recommend these brushes to anyone no matter how much experience you have doing your makeup.

11. Anastasia Beverly Hills

Are you looking to up your brow game while also being kind to the animals? Look no further than Anastasia Beverly Hills! I know so many people (myself included) have had great reviews about this company and their products! Personally, I use their dip brow for my eyebrows and they look fantastic! They also have amazing glow up kits and eyeshadow palettes that are a must have for anyone who is skilled at doing their makeup.

There are so many amazing brands that don't test on adorable little animals. So you can keep looking fabulous while also helping to fight animal testing and these aren't even all of the brands. For more brands, you can download the app "Bunny Free" or you can go to www.cruelfreekitty.com for the ultimate guide to cruelty free products! If you have a cruelty free brand that I didn't name, let me know!