My first year away at college was the second toughest year of my life. I had no one I could rely on, very few people who really tried to get to know me, and I was suffering silently with depression and anxiety all by myself. It was a difficult transition, but ultimately I discovered a show that got me through it all. "One Tree Hill" helped me get through every struggle I encountered. From the plot, to the characters, to the romance, "One Tree Hill" became my latest obsession and one of my favorite shows of all time. Plus, Nathan Scott set high expectations for a man in my life! Here are my top 10 quotes from the show that got me through. This was so hard...
10. "There’s no shame in being afraid. Hell, we’re all afraid. What you gotta do is figure out what you’re afraid of because when you put a face on it, you can beat it. Better yet, you can use it." - Coach Whitey Durham
9. "I was thinking about the finality of it all – how somebody can leave your world in the blink of an eye and be gone forever. It’s too enormous to think about. It’s too hard. And then you’re just supposed to go on, right, like just deal with it, I mean really you’re only supposed to be sad for as long as the flowers last and then, oh, time to go back to telling jokes and reminiscing about the old days." -Haley James Scott
8. "Okay, guy in need of a clue. Here’s one. Women send signals. That was a brush off. Before you dip into your shallow pool of wit, let me paint us a picture and save us both the trouble. Here’s your evening. You are going to slink back off to your buddies, laugh this off, get wasted, go home, and make nice with yourself. But don’t be thinking of me because even your fantasy of me isn’t interested in you." - Brooke Davis (The Queen)
Can we all just agree that Brooke was goals?
7. "I’m sticking with the shoelaces. The hearts say I like you, but the shoelace part isn’t too mushy." - Jamie Scott
THIS KID WAS THE GREATEST!
6. "I’ve come to the conclusion that if having things turn out the way you wanted them to is a measure of a successful life, then some would say I’m a failure. The important thing is not to be bitter over life’s disappointments. Learn to let go of the past. And recognize that every day won’t be sunny, and when you find yourself lost in the darkness and despair, remember it’s only in the black of night you see the stars. And those stars will lead you back home. So don’t be afraid to make mistakes, to stumble and fall, cause most of the time, the greatest rewards come from doing the things that scare you the most. Maybe you’ll get everything you wish for. Maybe you’ll get more than you ever could have imagined. Who knows where life will take you. The road is long and in the end, the journey is the destination." - Coach Whitey Durham
Whitey hit me in the feels with this quote.
5. "At this moment there are 6,470,818,671 people in the world. Some are running scared. Some are coming home. Some tell lies to make it through the day. Others are just now facing the truth. Some are evil men, at war with good. And some are good, struggling with evil. Six billion people in the world. Six billion souls. And sometimes — all you need is one." - Peyton Sawyer
4. "Most of our lives are a series of images, they pass us by like towns on a highway. But sometimes a moment stuns us as it happens and we know that this instant is more than a fleeting image. We know that this moment, every part of it, will live on forever." - Lucas Scott
Okay, his hair may have been a hot mess in season 9 when he returned, but Lucas' quotes always gave me the feels!
3. "It’s the oldest story in the world. One day you’re 17 and planning for someday. And then quietly and without you ever really noticing, someday is today. And then someday is yesterday. And this is your life." - Nathan Scott (marry me please?)
I am in love with him, Fictional or not, Nathan is the ultimate husband goals.
2. "You ever heard the expression ‘The best things in live are free.’ Well that expression is true.’ Every once in a while, people step up they rise above themselves sometimes they surprise you and sometimes they fall short. Life is funny sometimes. It can push pretty hard but if you look close enough, you can find hope in the words of children, in the bars of the song and in the eyes of someone you love. And if you’re lucky, if you’re the luckiest person on this entire planet, the person you love decides to love you back." - Nathan Scott
Sorry not sorry, but no person will ever be better. His character development was the greatest. Watching him love Haley, and be the cutest father (twice) was too fabulous.
1. "Make a wish and place it in your heart. Anything you want, everything you want. Do you have it? Good. Now believe it can come true. You never know where the next miracle is gonna come from, the next smile, the next wish come true. But if you believe that it’s right around the corner, and you open your heart and mind to the possibility of it, to the certainty of it, you just might get the thing you’re wishing for. The world is full of magic. You just have to believe in it. So, make your wish. Do you have it? Good. Now, believe in it with all you heart ." - The Cast