Top 10 Best John Mayer Lyrics

Top 10 Best John Mayer Lyrics

If I could have posted all the lyrics, I would have.

1579
Top 10 Best John Mayer Lyrics
The Odyssey Online

I love John Mayer and his music so much. All his albums are packed with lyrics, guitar riffs, and melodies that just make your heart ache or have you constantly smiling. I would put every lyric on this list if I could; but to save time, here are the Top 10 Best John Mayer lyrics in my opinion.

10: "Paper doll come try it on, step out of that black chiffon / Here's a dress of gold and blue, sure was fun being good to you" ('Paper Doll' - Paradise Valley)

- Not only is this song so relaxing, lyrics like this are exactly why John Mayer is amazing. He puts so much detail into these descriptions and then makes you so sad at with the last line of the stanza.

9: "No, it's never on the day you leave, you can tell how it's gonna be / To watch a girl become a ghost before your eyes" ('Never on the Day You Leave' - The Search For Everything)

- Ok, relatable? I know there are so many times that I've walked away from something only to realize later what I actually walked away from. This song captures that emotion perfectly.

8: "I'm an assassin and I had a job to do / Little did I know that girl was an assassin too" ('Assassin' - Battle Studies)

- This song, to me, is one of Mayer's most honest songs because I feel like he is talking about how he plays with girl's feelings, but then he was played using the same games. All in all, it's just such an interesting song and this lyric is one of my personal favorites

7: "I could have met you in a sandbox, or passed you on the side walk / Could I have missed my chance and watched you walk away?" ('Love Song for No One' - Room for Squares)

- This line hits me right in the feelings because there are so many times that I have had doubt about finding "the one". I think this song relates to that emotion of just being impatient and wanting to be in a relationship, which makes it extremely relatable for all the single but ready to mingle people like myself.

6: "Fool me once it's shame on you, but twice it's shame on me / But fool me baby for the rest of my life and I'll be happy, happy as a broken man can be" ('Fool to Love You' - Born and Raised)

- I just love this line because it's so playfully written but then again it's so true. If a one-time or two-time fling turns into a lifetime of being with someone, then that's something to be really happy about. John Mayer really makes you smile when he isn't trying to make you cry.

5: "So scared of getting older, I'm only good at being young / So I play the numbers game to find a way to say that life has just begun" ('Stop This Train' - Continuum)

- This song isn't just a true dose of reality, it targets a lot of fears that are very real for lots of people. This line speaks to me because there have been many times in my life where I felt like I didn't know how to be the adult I was supposed to be. I love how throughout this song, the lyrics just talk about getting older and the fear that comes with it because it's such a real thing that not a lot of artists talk about.

4: "Don't say a word just come over and lie here with me, 'cause I'm just about to set fire to everything I see / I want you so bad I'll go back on the things I believe, there I just said it, I'm scared you'll forget about me" ('Edge of Desire' - Battle Studies)

- This song is my favorite song by John Mayer, hands down. There are so many lyrics that I could have put but these are the best in my opinion. Even though I have heard this song probably over a thousand times, these words still give me chills.

3: "Rosie, you don't have to hide his things / I'm fine with all the sorrow that tomorrow brings" ('Rosie' - The Search for Everything)

- Man, this line just kills me every time. To accept that tomorrow is going to be a bad day and have no hope for even a good day just breaks my heart. John Mayer, why do you do this to me??

2: "I'm so good at forgetting and I quit every game I play / But forgive me, love, I can't turn and walk away" ('Back to You' - Room for Squares)

- Ok if you didn't smile after reading that then where have your emotions gone? I know when I first heard this lyric and this song, I just kept replaying it over and over because of how cute it was.

1: "I was the one you always dreamed of, you were the one I tried to draw / How dare you say it's nothing to me, baby you're the only light I ever saw" (Slow Dancing in a Burning Room - Continuum)

- I feel like this one is self-explanatory, like just read it a few times and tell me that you don't feel something.

I hope that I have proved my case for John Mayer and his music because honestly, it's so good. If not then I have shown my true colors as a dedicated, and somewhat crazy, fan of his music and his addicting words.