Top 10 Deepest Rap Songs I've Heard

Top 10 deepest rap songs I've heard

By: Matheus Oliveira

565

Rap music is often regarded as "not real music" and "noise", especially among the older generation, but there are a bunch of rap songs out there that are emotional and have a powerful message to convey and get across to the listeners. Today I'm going to be talking about the top ten deepest or emotional rap songs I've heard.

#10 I'm Not Racist by Joyner Lucas

This song is Joyner's most popular song he has released to date. This song is a conversation between two people with different perspective's on America and racism today. The song really expresses the importance of having an open dialogue and talking about your issues with one another instead of just having arguments. In the end both people in the song and video hugged it out and came to a mutual understanding of each other's views despite not completely agreeing with everything the other person said. This song and video are a great example of how people should treat each other instead of just yelling at one another.

#9 Where'd You Go by Fort Minor Featuring Skylar Grey/Holly Brook & Jonah Mantranga

This song was written by Fort Minor and Linkin Park's Mike Shinoda. When he wrote this song, he wanted to write it in the perspective of someone whose lover is always traveling. It is a very sad song to listen and written in a perspective not always seen in music today. Shinoda said thathe chose to write the song in this way because he felt that there are already enough songs about artists on the road and he wanted to go a different direction.

#8 Dear Mama by 2Pac

This track is one of my personal favorites from 2Pac. In this song 2Pac thanks his mother for being the person she is and that he was sorry for being a difficult child to raise. 2Pac recognizes his mother as the most courageous person he has ever known and that without her, he wouldn't have been where he was. 2Pac grew up without a father and since his mother raised him by herself he sees that as an "eternal symbol of love".

#7 Mansion by NF

"Mansion" is one of the top 3 deepest songs NF has every written. He covers so much in the song and he lets the listeners know how he feel. "Mansion" is a metaphor for his mind and each "room" he visits within the song in bad memory after another. He talks about a lot of deep issues in the song like suffering physical abuse, the death of his mother and how he let fear move into his "house". NF bears it all in this song and he lets you see his vulnerability throughout the track

#6 Dear God by Logic

This song is about Logic confronting God about all the messed-up things that have gone on in his life, the worst thing being his mother attempting to kill him. "What about the time I was nine and my mama almost murdered me? Don't think I forgot that shit, it still burdens me. Her bare hands tight around my throat. 'I can't breathe, Mama' I screamed 'I can't breathe, Mama, don't you want, Mama? Don't you love me, Mama?" At the end of the song Logic comes to the realization that even though he may not understand why certain things have happened in his life he does acknowledge that it made him a better person and the man he is today .This is one of Logics most emotional songs and he lets the listeners see what it's like to grow up in an unstable home.

#5 1-800-273-8255 by Logic

This song tackles extremely heavy topics like depression and suicide. Logic writes this song in the perspective of a person who is suicidal in the beginning of the song but as it goes on the person decides that they want to live life to the fullest. The first chorus in the song say "I don't wanna be alive. I just want to die today." The second chorus was written in the perspective of someone who cares for the suicidal person saying "I want you to be alive. You don't gotta die today". The third chorus is the suicidal person now wanting to life his/her life saying "I finally want to be alive. I don't wanna die today." The title of the song its self is the number of the suicide prevention hotline and they themselves have said that they had in significant increase in callers after the song was released.

#4 Mocking Bird by Eminem

"mocking Bird" is a song Eminem dedicated and wrote about his daughter Hailey. This song talks about Eminem's financial and marital struggles while trying to give his daughter the best life he possibly. He talks about his chaotic relationship with his ex-wife as well as trying to save money for his daughter's college fund until it was stolen. He also talks about how one time he was so broke that he couldn't even buy Hailey a Christmas gift and how much that broke him inside. This song is all about a parent's sacrifice and effort to provide for their child

#3 Headlights by Eminem featuring Nate Ruess

This is one of Eminem's most emotional songs as he talks about the terrible relationship he had with his mother and how he regrets dragging her through the mud in songs like "Cleaning out my closet". He uses this song as a way to apologize to his mother for mistreating her all these years and he wants her to know that despite everything they both have gone through together, He still loves her.

#2 I'm Sorry by Joyner Lucas

Another story telling song by Joyner Lucas, this song shows the perspective of to people. A son who is talking about his depression until he ultimately committing suicide and the second perspective is about his grieving father airing out all of his emotions after his death. This song is brutal to listen to as Joyner Lucas really gives an accurate portrayal of want it feels like to be on either side of this scenario. The song and video are one of the most heart wrenching things I've ever seen and heard.

#1 How Could You Leave Us by NF

This song is about how NF lost his mother to pill addiction. NF pours out all of his emotions into this song and goes into detail about what happened with his mother and how he feels about it. This song is very difficult to listen to without tearing up and is the most emotional song I've ever heard. At the end of the song he monologues about his regret with not being able to help his mother and how she will never get to see the things he's accomplished in life. To make matters ever more emotional, NF has never been able to finish this song live on stage as he always ends up breaking down towards the end of the song. It's a truly brutal and heart wrenching song that unfortunately a lot of people can relate to.