Top 10 Cartoon Network Shows Of All Time

Mathematical!

7904
Endadget

Recently Watchmojo released a list of what they thought were the 10 best-animated shows on Cartoon Network. I was told to watch the video by my friend and peer Odyssey writer Lawrence Dow, and we completely disagreed with their list. So I decided to do my own list of the best Cartoon Network shows and he decided to do a list of the best animated Disney Channel shows. Next week, we will do a joint article together on the 10 best-animated shows of all time. With all that being said, here is my list for the 10 best animated Cartoon Network shows of all time.

Honorable mentions: "Samurai Jack," "Amazing World of Gumball," "Dexter's Laboratory," "Johnny Bravo," "Courage the Cowardly Dog" and "The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy."

10. "Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends" (2004-2009)

With a show that is set in a world where imaginary friends take a physical form and coexist with humans, you know you're in for an interesting show. Foster's was a show about a boy named Mac having to give up his imaginary friend Bloo and the friends he ended up making at the imaginary friend orphanage. Mac and his new friends would often go on fun adventures and, in the end, they all (besides Bloo) would usually learn something. The creativity, morality and especially the idea of true friendship is what made "Foster's" a great show.

9. "The Powerpuff Girls" (1998-2005)

"The Powerpuff Girls" were uniquely and perfectly able to blend cuteness with superhero violence. The show revolves around the adventures of three super-powered little girls. The episodes could go from them fighting evil villains and monsters to them dealing with normal childhood issues like going to school. While there were serious situations in this show, like what you would see in a regular superhero show, "The Powerpuff Girls" did not take itself too seriously. The show maintained a fun undertone no matter what the situation. Like most Cartoon Network shows, the show used a lot of adult humor and pop culture references, making it appeal to all audiences.

8. "Total Drama" (2007-2014)

What if "Survivor," "Fear Factor" and "The Amazing Race" featured teenagers, was a cartoon and was 100 percent more dangerous? That must have been what the creators of "Total Drama" asked themselves when they first created the show. "Total Drama" is a very clever and not corny spoof of regular reality shows and it features the stereotypical character archetypes we expect from these types of shows. Not only is the show ridiculously funny, but the storyline is very interesting and they do a great job of making you not want to miss a single episode.

7. "Regular Show" (2010-Present)

While the show may be called "Regular Show," it is anything but. The show centers around two slacker best friends who work at a park and the supernatural hi-jinks of their day to day lives. "Regular Show" brilliantly uses mild adult humor and adult situations to connect with an older audience as well as silly childlike humor to connect with the younger audiences. This combination makes these situations not only funny, but genuinely fun to watch.

6. "Young Justice" (2010-2013)

While not as creative as a few of the other shows on the list, "Young Justice" still had a refreshingly original story. The show features six sidekicks of famous superheroes forming their own team and doing reconnaissance missions for the Justice League. All of the main characters were just as complex as the storyline and the creators did a masterful job of making the audience connect with these characters on an emotional level.

5. "Codename: Kids Next Door" (2002-2008)

Possibly the most creative show of its time, "Codename: Kids Next Door" took what it means to be a kid to a whole new level. In the "Codename: KND" world, there is a worldwide organization known as the Kids Next Door who would fight crimes against kids — like vegetables, homework and adult tyranny. The result of this is an imaginative world that appeals to a wide range of age. The action is entertaining and the plots are original while paying homage to its sources. The characters that make up this rich universes might seem like stereotypes at first, but they grow into completely three-dimensional beings that can be both fun and touching.

4. "Steven Universe" (2013-Present)

One of the most progressive shows on television happens to be a show about a boy who has gemstone for a belly button. "Steven Universe" centers around a boy who's mother was a Crystal Gem and a rogue group of humanoid aliens who have made earth their home. When she gave birth to Steven, his mother gave up her physical form in the process. His best friends are her remaining Crystal Gem comrades. All the Gems take many different forms and they represent all the wonderful different types of women there are. This show perfectly handles the topics of strong female characters of all shapes and sizes, as well as sexuality. At the end of the day, Steven delivers a powerful message about love while also having a fantastic plot.

3. "Adventure Time" (2010-Present)

"Adventure Time" is the perfect mix of creativity and fantasy. The series follows the adventures of a human boy named Finn and his best friend and adoptive brother Jake — a dog with the magical power to change shape and size at will. Finn and Jake live in the post-apocalyptic Land of Ooo and they are seen as the "true heroes" of this world. The stories are so imaginative and creative that you can't help but at least be interested in the show. "Adventure Time" has helped usher in a change in the way cartoons are being made. For awhile, comics and cartoons would have a very serious and super masculine tone. However, "Adventure Time" has managed to bring back the fun and that is what makes it loved by young and old alike.

2. "Justice League" (2001-2004; as Unlimited 2004-2006)

You can't go wrong with a show that built on the greatness that was "Batman The Animated Series." The animator behind the "Batman" and "Superman" shows, Bruce Timm created and executive produced another notable show about these superheroes called "Justice League." The show had great voice acting and the story arcs were unmatched. All of the characters were complex and the creators spent a perfect amount of time telling their stories.

1. "Teen Titans" (2003-2006)

"Teen Titans." Where should I even begin? While a lot of the shows on this list either focus more on the comedic, fun side or the serious, complex side with a splash of the other in it, "Teen Titans" is able to have both of these sides and it does it marvelously. You would have one episode that was on the lighter side, maybe having all the characters fight a goofy villain and then right after that there would be another episode where the Titans would struggle with their own morality. This ability to do that, while also having unmatched story lines, not only made it critically acclaimed, but also loved by a wide audience.

Disagree with my list? Tell me your list in the comments below!