Top 10 Apps For Student Success

Top 10 Apps For Student Success

53
Top 10 Apps For Student Success

1. Uber

… is a free app that allows the user to get a ride in minutes. Anytime you want a ride, an Uber is minutes away. Oober has multiple options that are able to meet the needs of a busy college student. If it is a simple trip to the airport, grocery store, or a dinner out with a few friends, an Oober-X is the cheap solution to get it done. If you and your friends all want to go to the same party, an Oober-XL is the way to get there, and if you really want to impress the person you are riding in you can order an Uber-lux. If you are riding in an Oober and you want to split the fair for the ride, you can split it with all of your passengers so the ride does not break your bank account. Not that it really would because it is about half the price for a regular taxi.

2. Starbucks

The Starbucks app is amazing, but it could potentially drain your bank account. The application does have some cool features. You can load a credit card or gift card onto the app, and you can pay with your smart phone. Never worry about forgetting your wallet and missing out on your Chai Tea before your dreaded 8 A.M. again. Also, you can order your items on the app before you even get to the star Bucks, and you don’t have to wait in line to pick up your food. This feature is great when you are running late.

3. Transit Times Plus

If you don’t take public transportation now, you will probably have to take it at some point in your life. This app works in almost every city in the United States. It allows you to look up the bus or train schedules you may need. Also, you can get public transportation directions from the app. No need to wait on hold to call the transportation company or mess with one of those annoying trip planners for your transportation needs.

5. Amazon

Did you realize that you are about to run out of your favorite snacks? Did you get to class and realize that you forgot to buy a textbook? The Amazon app is the answer to all of life’s struggles. If you need something, you can have it delivered to you with in two days with just a few taps on your phone screen.

6. Kindle

Are you tired of carrying around your favorite books? Do you want a cheaper alternative to paper-back textbooks, the Kindle app allows you to read any book on your smartphone. If your professor is afraid you can’t take notes in your books, tell him or her that you can mark up your books in this app.

7. Cliffs Notes

Are you studying Shakespear and have difficulty understanding the old language. Do you hate the book you are reading? Did you forget to rad the chapter before the quiz? Well, Cliffs Notes allows you to get everything you need from each chapter of the book without reading the book.

8. Easy Bib

If you are writing a research paper, stop what you are doing and download EasyBib. Easy Bib allows you to paste a URL or books title in a search field. Then, it will find all of the citation information and format it to the style you want. No need to manually site your sources.

9. Self Control

Do you like to scroll through your social media while you are in class or studying? Self Control blocks social media websites for a set period of time, allowing you to focus on what really matters in life.

10. mint.com

Do you like to spend money, and are you surprised when you have zero dollars in your bank account? mint.com allows you to track your spending, so you hopefully won’t spend too much.