For Anyone Who Has Too Much On Their Plate

What do you do when you're handed a life you didn't ask for

522
msecnd.net

Hey, you,

Yeah, you, the one who is drowning in the amount of stuff you have to do. The one who was saddled with way too much to deal all on your own. The one who doesn't have the help or resources you need to handle the life you were given. This is for you.

You didn't deserve the hand you were dealt in this life and I don't know why or how the universe can be so cruel but those are questions I don't have the answers to. I don't know why you were saddled with other people's problems to take on as your own or why bad things happen to good people. I don't know why there are people who don't have to answer for the things that they do, while you're stuck in your life dealing with issues that aren't even yours.

I wish I could tell you not to feel responsible for everything that happens to those around you and I wish there was an easy way to fix the broken pieces. All I know is that you are strong for continuing to do the right thing despite all of the adversity you're facing and I know that you can come out on top. I don't know when and I'm not entirely sure how but you've come so far already.

You've created and managed to do things that so many people aren't able to do and you managed to do those things while dealing with unimaginable stress and responsibility. You have stepped up to the plate in so many ways for so many people but sometimes it's hard to maintain the life you've created, especially when a part of that life seems to only be holding on by a thread.

I'm here to tell you that I'll make sure that thread stays connected. I'll even go in and reinforce it if I have to; if you'll let me. I'm not the greatest at patching things up or making them perfect again but I know I can make do with what's given and I will do the best that I can to make it better.

I can't fix everything, or even anything; what I can do is be here for you if you let me. I will be the quiet listener you need to vent to when times get tough, and I will be the shoulder you can cry on when your emotions leak out. I will support you in all of the decisions you make and give you advice when you ask for it. I can't promise that I will be the perfect friend, but I will do my best to try.

Please hang in there. If not for you, then for me. I am so proud of you and all that you've done; all that you do. I know you can and will do so much more. Life won't always be this way, we have to believe that. We have to believe that things will get better.

They will get better.