I Don't Have a Job for After Graduation And That Is Okay.

I am going to take some time for myself.

22
NBCNews.com

I am a college senior. I am quickly approaching the end of my college career and I could not be more excited. After about 16 years of education, I will be able to call myself a college graduate, which is a huge accomplishment. I've studied, written papers, failed tests and learned a lot.

I am only 21 years old and am in the prime of my young adult life. I have no real responsibilities yet, so tell me why I should jump right into a 9am to 5pm, Monday through Friday job right away?

I have the rest of my life to pay into my retirement fund and settle down. I've spent the majority of the years of my life in school and I refuse to spend the rest of life behind a desk. I will take advantage of my freedom and discover who I am outside of a school setting.

At no other time in my life can I drop everything and pursue my true passions. Yes, I enjoy the field in which I got my major, but I cannot say that as a six year old I dreamt of being an accountant. I grew up wanting to travel the world and see exotic animals. I may not have the money right now to visit every country, but I do have the time to explore my interests.

So no, I don't have a 'grown-up' job lined up for after graduation yet, because I will be enjoying my time after college and focusing on myself for a little bit.