Tom Brady should not be considered the greatest

Tom Brady is not the GOAT

How have so many people been tricked in to thinking otherwise?

74
Tom Brady is not the GOAT

It is hard to make an argument against Tom Brady being a good football player. With his five Super Bowls and incredible success in both the regular season and playoffs, he has definitely made a name for himself in the league, but it takes a lot more than consistently winning and dominating the NFL for a decade and a half to be considered the greatest of all time.

I could go on all day talking about Tom Brady's accomplishments, but I'll just name the big ones to save time. Brady has won the most regular season and postseason games of all time as a starting quarterback. He also has the most Super Bowl wins and Super Bowl MVP awards. Also, the Patriots have won an unprecedented Fourteen-straight AFC East division titles with Brady starting. These are well all very well documented on any sports media platform as are any favorable stats towards Brady.

However, people often fail to recognize the negatives when assessing Brady's career. Brady has lost three Super Bowls, which is many more than any other contender for GOAT status. Some experts will contend that getting to the Super Bowl is an accomplishment in itself, but as Ricky Bobby says, "If you ain't first, you're last.” Being the second-best team in a professional league of 32 means nothing at all. Brady also famously failed to throw a single touchdown pass throughout the entire 2008-2009 season.

Biased Patriots fans will blame this on him being injured for the whole season, but I blame it on a lack of dedication. With modern technology and the common use of painkillers in the NFL, Brady definitely should've been on the field without question. Lastly, Tom Brady is SLOW. If you've seen him run, you probably have been confused as to how the TV suddenly switched to slow motion or the why signal went out. He could honestly be the slowest player in the league right now and speed is important. America loves speed, and it's a bad look to have someone that slow being considered the GOAT in “America's Game.”

Now that I've proven beyond doubt that Tom Brady is not the greatest of all time, we need to know who is. My vote goes to New York Giants quarterback/backup quarterback, Eli Manning. Manning, unlike Brady, has won every Super Bowl he's played in. In addition, Manning has never gone a full season without throwing a touchdown since coming into the NFL (and he has many more touchdowns if we count ones thrown to the other team). Eli may not be the fastest either but he makes up for it with his laser focus and decision making skills.

From Your Site Articles
Related Articles Around the Web