I'm Thankful Today

I'm Thankful Today

Life is busy. Take time to give thanks.

11
Mackenzie Cooper

Life is often overwhelming and stressful. Sometimes with the endless amount of work that needs to be done, we forget to take time and give thanks for what we have. I, like many others, am guilty of this. My life has been challenging lately, but this past week a student of mine told me that she’s thankful for everything she has because some people have nothing, and some of those people who have nothing are even homeless. With the influence of this student, I have decided to take time out of my difficult, stressful life to give thanks for the things I have.

I am thankful for my parents. Mom and Dad, I know I don’t tell you this enough, but I truly am thankful for everything you do for me. Words can’t express the gratitude I have towards you for paying for my college, answering my phone calls everyday, listening to me vent about silly things, supporting me in everything I do, and so much more. You will always be the number one reason I am thankful.

I am thankful for my sister. Whoever said sisters are best friends must have been referring to you and me. It’s hard for me to even begin to tell you how thankful I am to have you in my life. We may fight sometimes; well, actually we may fight a lot. However, that does not change how I feel about you. Thanks to you, I will always have a lifelong best friend.

I am thankful for my boyfriend. Not only am I lucky enough to have parents and a sister who support me, but I am also lucky enough to have a boyfriend to support me. Thank you for always supporting me, even when I take my difficult, challenging day out on you. I know I don’t always take time to tell you this, but I’m doing it now. Thank you for everything you do for me.

I am thankful for my students. I’ve always wanted to be a teacher, but I never dreamed I would fall in love with teaching in the city. However, I was wrong. I am so thankful for the amazing group of students who cheer me up everyday. These students show me that there is so much in life we have to look forward to. Thank you, fourth graders, for helping me see what life is really all about.

I am thankful for the life I was given. Of course, there are so many things I am thankful for. However, I am mostly thankful for the life I was given. I was fortunate to grow up with a family who taught me the value of working hard. I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to be given a wonderful education. I am fortunate enough to be loved by so many.

Although life is often overwhelming and stressful, I have realized it is important to take the time to be thankful for what we have. If you’re struggling finding things you are thankful for, perhaps you should look to a child to remind you of how great your life really is.