To Those I No Longer Talk To

To Those I No Longer Talk To

To all the people who have come and gone in my life, this is for you.

5
To Those I No Longer Talk To
Moving on

To the people, I no longer talk to,

Even if we were close or not this letter is for you. Because maybe you deserve some answer as to why we stopped talking and why I just up and disappeared, and maybe I deserve the same. We stopped talking who knows how long ago and who really remembers the exact reason why.

Sometimes it was me who made the decision that whatever friendship or whatever we were just wasn't going to work so I choose to distance myself. And sometimes it was you, the other half of whatever it was that we were that decided to just disappear and act like we never knew each other.

Neither of us did anything wrong, mind you. We all have to make decisions that reflect what are the best for ourselves, we can't always sacrifice ourselves for the sake of a friend.

It isn't healthy.

So maybe I wasn't healthy for you, or you weren't for me. And yes, well we did care for each other, it is okay that eventually, we reached a point where we needed to just step away.

Trust me, it's okay that we both left, it is okay to want to leave.

Even now I still leave or have friends leave me, and I understand as I get older that while it can really suck, it is better to accept it gracefully rather than cling on to what might have been. When you are young and a friend quits talking to you, you can't help but take it personally.

Like everything's your fault and "how dare they leave you" but really whose 'fault' it was, does not matter now. People grow up and they leave because the girl who was your best friend at 16 seems like a completely new person by 18.

Welcome to life, it is a big mess and people are always changing and growing. The personalities of two sixteen-year-olds who are as close as sisters, change and suddenly you haven't talked to that girl in almost a year and while you miss her, you know it's okay because you aren't the same people anymore.

Never feel guilty for changing.

Because when you lose that best friend from when you were 16 you will find another, someone who's 18 or 19-year old personality meshes well with yours and you can't help but realize that this is the person you needed now.

And it's okay to miss the past.

So, maybe sometimes I wish that I had all the people I once considered my best friends back. And maybe sometimes I wish that nothing had ever changed between myself and the many people I no longer talk to. But you can't change it and you can only learn from the past.

Embrace the friends you have now and treasure them, and be open to those who come back in your life only to leave again.

So to those I don't talk to anymore, I miss you and I will be here for you just as much as I am here for those in my life now. I wish you all nothing but the best.