To The Person Who Made Me Feel Like I Was Never Good Enough

An open letter to the person who made feel like I would never be good enough

1176

Have you ever felt trapped for so long until one day you woke up and realized you were never going to be good enough for someone? Maybe there is someone in your life; a parent, boyfriend/girlfriend, coach, director, friend that you tried really hard to please. So hard that you loose yourself, values, and beliefs in the process. There were probably times when you did everything for that person, worked hard, stayed loyal to them, but they constantly made you feel as though you were never good enough to them. That person made you feel used, manipulated, hurt, or like you should just give up.

There are people that don't truly care about others, so they use them and kill their confidence. They make people feel like they will never be good enough to please anyone unless they change themselves. Then they turn people into what they want, but if people refuse to be changed, they are still used and manipulated. They will make you feel like no one else will accept you like they do so you shouldn't try to put yourself out there. I once felt like I wasn't good enough for someone until I stepped away and surrounded myself with people who saw what I was capable of. In order to bring your confidence up, you have to surround yourself with the people who make you realize that you are not being treated as well as you should be.

In order to bring your confidence up, realizing you will never be good enough and cutting this person out of your life is the first step. Never being good enough for someone is not your loss it's theirs. When they see someone else has realized what you are capable of and gave you what you deserve, that's when they realized what they lost. There are people who have "favorites" or make other people feel bad to make themselves feel good. You are perfect in your own way and just because one person doesn't see that just means a better person will. When someone stabs you in the back, use the knife to cut your ties with that person and move on. You are and always will be good enough, don't let anyone else make you feel differently.