To The Person Who Cares Too Much

To The Person Who Cares Too Much

When does it come to the point of caring too much?
257

One of the qualities we all want people to know us as is caring. We are supportive of others, we help them in times of need, and would do anything for them. Most people can say they at least have one person they do those three things for. I am the type of person that cares way too much. This can be a good and a bad thing. The way and amount of care you provide for someone shows the amount of love in your heart. Just as Winnie the Pooh says, "Some people care too much, I think it's called love". I want people to see me as someone they can lean on when life is not going the right way for them. A friend that they can trust when they are needing someone to talk to.

I feel like I am that friend but there are times when I feel like I maybe care too much. I will stick my neck out for someone who wouldn't even do the same for me. You go above and beyond for your friends sometimes without even thinking just because you would do anything for them. So you would expect them to do the same thing for you right?

Well, that doesn't happen all the time and you are left so upset. You wonder why you still put forth the effort into the relationship/friendship. It's because you care. You love them and that is just the person you are. We should not have to apologize for this or change the way we are. We think to ourselves that we are done putting forth all of this effort for people who may not deserve it. But you know what happens? We don't stop. We keep putting all of our heart into the people who could care less to have it. I have been through this situation too many times to count. I put everything into the relationships in my life. No matter who it is.

I have learned through the years that you can't please everyone no matter how hard you may want to. There are times when I believe that caring too much is a bad thing. In some situations, it can be. There are some people who are not meant to be in your life. You will figure that out one day who those individuals are. If the time comes that you realize "I have cared too much for this person when they could care less about me," let them go.

That is my advice. It could be the hardest decision to make but maybe it is for the best. If all they do is cause you pain and suffering, why continue to put yourself through that? We all deserve to have people in our lives that care so much about us too. A relationship/friendship takes two people to work, not just one. The next time you are feeling like you care too much for a person, stop and think about how they treat you for one. Two, how will you leaving their life affect them? If you think it would not make much of a difference, then don't think twice just leave. As Eleanor Roosevelt says, "We are afraid to care too much, for fear that the other person does not care at all". Consider the people in your life and decide if they are really meant to be there.