To The Person That Broke Me

To The Person That Broke Me

While you did everything you could to ruin me, it's you who I feel sorry for.

27
To The Person That Broke Me
WorkItDaily

To the person who broke me.

You took me for everything I was and everything I had. I fell for your stupid games, I thought you were genuine when you were with me, but looking back now I can see all of the lies. I can see all the faults that I just happened to overlook.

However strange it may be, thank you. Because you showed me who I was when I had nothing and nobody. You showed me that I don't need anyone in order to be happy. You showed me that I can survive with nothing. You showed me how truly strong I am. You showed me that I deserve nothing but the best in my life.

While you did everything you could to ruin me, it's you who I feel sorry for. Because I know I can make it through anything like this with or without anyone supporting me. I know that I am strong enough to live my life regardless of what happens to me. I have been through hell thanks to you but that hell showed me who I truly am as a person.

But I feel sorry for you. Why? Because you are that person that hurts others to feel better about yourself. Because you think it's okay to treat someone like they are nothing. You think that you can ruin other peoples lives just to get a confidence boost for yourself.

However, while you may think that is true, it's not. Yes at the time I was hurt, but now? Now I am stronger than I have ever been. I'm healthier than I have been in ages. And for the first time in a long time, I am happy and confident in myself.

Since losing you, I have gotten myself a job, I pay my own bills. I have gone off of my medications and am still quite successful being off of them. I have continued my education and am doing a million times better than I was back when I was with you. I get dressed up, I go out, I have fun, I can enjoy myself, I have friends, and most importantly I can and do put myself first in my life.

People constantly say "kill them with kindness" when someone tries to talk down to you or ruin you. In a way, yes that's true. However, I don't have to be kind to someone who tried to take everything from me and didn't even care enough to give me the time of day. I don't have to give you the time of day when you come crawling back to me because you decided that I'm good enough to talk to now that I have something that you want.

So no, I guess I won't kill you with kindness. But rather I will treat you the way you treated me. I won't respond to you, I won't acknowledge you and I will be the bigger person in that sense. I will not cause drama, I will not add fuel to the fire. Rather I will be the person who puts the fire out on my end. What happens on your end is up to you, but I have no need to associate with you nor do I wish to.

I like to consider myself a better person from this experience. I live in a whole new light now that I have been through and gotten out of this situation. So in short, for a while yes you ruined me, congratulations. But you did not steal my happiness, rather you helped me find it.

Maybe one day you will understand what you do to others is wrong, but I'm not holding my breath. I don't really care to stick around to find out either.

So, thank you.