To the People Who Don't Think They Deserve More

You do.
261

To the people who don't think they deserve more:

You do. Period.

You. Deserve. More.

More than a call or text at 3 am. More than Netflix and chill nights. More than the "I'll see you at that party Friday night." More than seeing them make out with someone else at that party that they asked you to.

You deserve more.

More than those rushed mornings and ending up alone. More than nights and days of questioning if they care. More than the game that people play of who texted who last.

You deserve more.

More than lies, white or otherwise. More than being a consolation prize. More than feeling like you're not good enough. More than broken plans or no plans at all.

You deserve more.

More than nights of wondering if you get a text. More than tears on your pillowcase. More than wondering if you're good enough, if you'll ever be the one.

So what do you deserve? I'll tell you.

You deserve to have someone whose favorite thing is holding you in the middle of the night or planting that great, big smile on your face.

You deserve to have someone who compliments you just because, someone who is willing to compromise for you, sacrifice for you, be vulnerable for you, and so much more.

You deserve to have someone who picks you first. Someone who wants to show you off. Someone who loves you more than they can imagine.

You deserve to have someone who wants to spend time with you, who will make you not question yourself.

You deserve to feel confident. You deserve to be happy. You deserve to be treated well. Don't let anyone make you feel differently. We, as people, are our own worst critics. We see the worst in ourselves, we think we deserve the worst, but we don't. What we need and deserve are people who see our good qualities, who appreciate them, who bring us up. We deserve the people who will give us the love and care we'd give to someone else, even if it's hard for us to believe, to accept, we deserve the best that can be given to us.

Never settle, never think you deserve less because you deserve more than you give yourself credit for.