To The Ones Who Didn't Believe In Me...

To The Ones Who Didn't Believe In Me...

Thank you for the motivation.

20
To The Ones Who Didn't Believe In Me...
Harley Kearney

To the ones who never believed in me. It was a joke to you when I said that I wanted to join the Army. Yet here I am two years later and striving better than I ever had in the military career. I have been able to almost get my second MOS. It was a joke to you when I decided to go back to school. I almost have failed, I dropped out, I wanted to quit, but yet your motivation of wanting me to fail only made me push harder. I have had tears in my eyes struggling to read the questions but yet I did it. I have been way too tired to read that extra chapter yet I read it.

You laughed at me when I told you I wanted to work in the special victims unit. I did not find it funny, but you did. One day I will be the best damn detective I ever can be because you thought I couldn't. You wanting me to fail makes me push harder. When I bought my jeep you said that was the dumbest thing I could have ever done. But yet I own two vehicles and you own only one? You laughed when I said I wanted to get my Ph.D., you said I would fail but yet I am almost two years done. You wanted me to fail at psychology and thought it would be too hard for me, but that 3.0 doesn't lie. When I brought up finding happiness, you said I was stupid and it would not last. But here we are stronger than ever and I am happier, healthier, and more loved than I ever have been.

When I brought up how I wanted to be work with helicopters you laughed in my face. When you called me stupid and dumb. It hurt, it stung and I cried. But today I will use it as motivation. To do that extra push up, read that extra chapter, to run a little faster, to study extra harder, to work extra hours, to love more than my heart could ever hold. Because you told me I would fail because you laughed just a little louder that time because you never believed I could be a soldier, a college student, a detective, a helicopter pilot, a doctor, a lover, a mother, a homeowner, a wife, to be myself. You never believed in me, but ten years down the road, I will be all of that and more.

Because of you I will succeed and pass all of your expectations...