To The Mother Who Never Loved Me

To The Mother Who Never Loved Me

I'm doing just fine, thanks for asking

803
To The Mother Who Never Loved Me
My Picture

As we grow up, most of us see our moms as our role models. We rely on them, we ask them for advice, and of course, we go shopping together. But, at this point I don't think I should be using the word "we." Let's be realistic here, this world is not a fairytale. Some moms either pass away, give you up, or just leave you and your poor dad alone.

As much as you wish you could enjoy and share every moment of your life with her, it just doesn't work out like that sadly.

I am not ashamed or afraid of telling my story. I am one of those who's mom left them alone with their dad.

I have no idea if anyone else can relate but, my mom left my dad and I when I was just three years old. From then on I got attached to him and my grandma. They bathed me, fed me properly, and dressed me with nice dresses and cute shoes. I miss those days.

Out of no where though, my mom decided to invite herself to my dad's home and take me with her, while I cried. I was only three, so I do not know how I remember this.

She just came to pick me up whenever she wanted to without warnings. I felt like an object.

I felt used and worthless.

She did this throughout 13 entire years.

It was painful and sad.

I think it was because she wanted to use me to hurt my dad.

Never in my life did I feel the love. We just never had a connection.

I just threw tantrums and cried when I was at her place, that is all I remember.

She even moved on fast and found herself a boyfriend. (Who is now her husband, aka my stepdad.)

I am not a person who you can buy with money, but in all seriousness and honesty, my mom never in her life paid for anything.

She never bought me gifts, she never paid for my needs.

My dad has been and is the only one who has paid for my school supplies, clothing, food, school, you name it.

Again, it wasn't the money that bothered me. It was the fact that she didn't even bother to think about my needs or anything.

I also never got that warming hug that moms give to their daughters whenever they make them proud, feel down, or just because.

I never had the mother-bonding experience that I wanted.

All this time I blamed myself, I cried because I wanted to feel that love.

To this day, I still wonder what it is like to be appreciated by a mother.

But in all honesty, I am doing all right because I was raised by amazing people.

So Mom, I am doing just fine, thanks for asking.