To The Girls Who Have More Guy Friends Than Girl Friends

Appreciating the brother from another mother.

3156
www.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk

This is written with the highest respect and regard for those individuals who respect themselves and others enough to have a good friend of the opposite sex without expectations or pressures.

A large debate is whether or not girls and guys can "just be friends." I'm here to say it is possible with self-control and with fine lines. But, I can't say it is impossible because I have it for myself.

I grew up with a brother three years older than I with an inseparable relationship. I find comfort and appreciation from men in my life who hold girls to a respectable standard and do not settle nor tolerate the drama queens; and moreover, who do not let my character resemble that of a drama queen. From my brother, I find his mental and emotional discipline to be his most worthy trait, thus I look for that in men and encourage it in my closest guy friends. (I won't tolerate drama kings). Here's my appreciation of those guys in my life. Guy friends can be easier to get along with. We girls can be harsh, unforgiving and hella dramatic.

I don't want to harp on the female side much. My best friend in the world is a girl. I'm by no means sexist nor am I a feminist, but rather, I appreciate the guy friends of mine who have been there for me more than not.

I hope you guys out there know who you are. You're my go-tos. We converse with ease and without unnecessary pressure or expectations. We can pick up where we left off and feel like nothing has ever changed between us. You're like family to me; people of acceptance and understanding and I hope you find those same characteristics in me. You give me the "guy perspective" when I need it without question. You support me and talk me through my questions and decisions. I appreciate that.

Thank you for your trusting character and for your simplistic love that makes me feel at home and held up. You know me, so don't let me make decisions that will land me on my face or hurt the next person. I will be a sister if and when you need, and you can be my brother from another mother.