To The Girl I Never Thanked

To The Girl I Never Thanked

You wanted me to be better.

12
To The Girl I Never Thanked
Imworld

You were the only one who tried to get me to be a better person.

I promise this is going to be a 100% truth. I don't know what I would do without you. We started out so rocky and I never thought in a million years I would say this..but you are the only girl who ever wanted to help me. We fought, we fought like we were sisters and we almost never got along. But never did I ever think you would judge me. There was nothing I wouldn't tell you or trust you with. We were on again off again best friends, and that was the best friendship I had in that high school.

Remember listening to music while we were working? Remember dancing to Hispanic music in our rooms and you telling me what it was saying? Remember all the times I would scream and yell at any boy who hurt you? (Tell him sorry for that by the way). Do you remember?

Let me tell you what I remember, I remember all of that and more. I remember getting the call to go on a mission trip and rushing to tell you. I remember feeling God working hard in my life and telling you. I remember getting calls my senior year to help you. I remember every nasty fight we had and getting Mexican food with our dean to work it out. I remember everything good and bad between us. But I also remember the day it hit me, you were the girl who always wanted me to be better!

I think we can all agree had a problem with always wanting to fit in. I think we can all agree I would stop being friends with you because of my other friends and I am so sorry. But I think we can also agree you deserve the biggest thank you there is! So THANK YOU! Thank you for never giving up on me, for always forgiving me, and never letting me forget who I am and where I stand.

One thing that stays with me when I think about our friendship is pre-week our senior year. We were moving in and you were saying good-bye to your parents. Your mom hugged me and whispered "take care of my daughter" and I said back "always". I did not take care you..you took care of me. And in doing that this is what you taught me..

1. Always fight for the thing or person you love.

I watched you fight over and over again for people that hurt you. And I watched you bust your butt senior year to do volleyball, choir, band, and be an amazing R.A.

2. You can always start over.

I mean this mostly in a spiritual way. You taught me God will always let you start over, and so will your real friends no matter how many times you mess up.

3. Forgive people

You forgave me every chance you got and NEVER looked back. Thank you for always being there.

4. Do what makes YOU happy.

This one is important. You taught me to grab a hold of my life. Be friends who I want, do the job I want. Make myself happy.

Thank you so much for everything. I love you girl, you mean a lot to me and I am so sorry it took me this long to realize it!