To The Girl Who Became My Life Long Friend

I never thought that we would have made it this far, but we did it!

19
My Photo Album

It all started on a February afternoon in the weight room and we both were strength conditioning for track. We instantly clicked and become friends, not knowing we would be in the same class and then be on the track team. You just moved from California and you were new to Missouri. Since we hit it off so great in the weight room I wanted to get to know you and be your friend.

We hung out together and when I finally got a phone, texted. It felt like we always saw each other, either that be in class or at practice. We made a track family with the other girls, the track family of throwers. I was able to talk to you about everything and you were always there for me. Fast forward to your senior year and my junior year and prom was coming. Prom night was so much fun and we danced like there was no tomorrow. Then you graduated and I didn't know what to do. You started college and I was still in high school.

We had a time when we didn't really talk as much. You were busy with your freshman year and I was so jealous that we could't hang like we used to. But, then I graduated and started my freshman year of college. We started to to talk more and more while we were both busy with college.

I always love when we can do our Cold Stone dates and gossip and talk about anything and everything. From guys that we date, to our college life, to just life in general. I also love when we made the tradition to go to the Royals game every summer. Those nights are always the best. When I went through my first breakup, you were there for me. You let me talk your ear off and last summer, we did our photo shoot at The Nelson. I couldn't remember when I truly had fun and laughed like I did. I felt so happy and you were there bringing me up. We went to the dinosaur exhibit at Union Station and I remember the comment you made, "We are the only adults without children here". Yes, this was true, but we both had a blast! Then we went to the Royals game, had some great seats, and talked more about guys. We obviously love talking about guys, there is never a conversation when a guy is not brought up. With this new breakup, you have been there for me and have given me some great advice. You always know how to make me feel better and say just the right thing and you always know how to give me the courage to do things that I am afraid to do. We also are also keeping the streak alive on Snapchat with 813 days!

I just want to say that I am so proud of you. You have worked your butt off in school and you are about to get your Master's degree! I can't wait to see you as a teacher and support you even more in life. One day we will both find our Prince Charming and get what we deserve. You are so gorgeous and beautiful and I am so lucky that I met you in the weight room all those years ago.

They say you lose the friends you make in high school. That may be true, but you and I have defied the odds. We have been friends for almost nine years, so here is to a life time of Cold Stone dates, shopping sprees, crazy photo shoots, talking about guys, and the most important thing, our friendship! Love you girlie.