To The Girl I Never Thought Would Become My Best Friend

You make friends when you least expect it.

1060
Personal Image

I have found it true that you really do meet new friends at the most unexpected times and in the most unexpected places. Sure, when you started at my school, you tried to become friends with my best friends. Not going to lie. I was jealous. Jealous that you could just come into a new school and make new friends just like that. I seriously thought for the longest time that you were trying to take my friends away from me and I even thought at one point you didn’t like me.

I would never have thought that girls I had been friends with for years would show their true colors and leave and it would just be you and me, but hey, we don’t need them anyway and we are better off without them. I can't thank you enough for staying by my side, thank you.

Thank you for everything. Thank you for always being my biggest cheerleader and for always knowing what to say. Thanks for always putting up with my weird and random thoughts and listening to me go on about the different guys I like and the drama that comes along with boys. Thank you for always sharing your crazy ideas with me… Even though they can sometimes get us into a little bit of trouble.

Who would have thought that our unlikely friendship would have turned us into good friends? From good friends to best friends and from best friends to practically sisters. I can assure you that I didn’t think going to different colleges hours apart would have been so hard, but it is one of the biggest challenges we have faced. It's okay, though, because no matter how long we are apart, as soon as we get to see each other, it's as if nothing has changed. Distance has made me learn to cherish our time together during school breaks, the weekends spent at each other's dorms, and summers. Its what I look forward to most when I'm not having a good day or if times are tough... Just knowing you are coming home soon and we will once again be reunited and can have a girls night just to unwind, relax, tell each other different crazy stories of what goes on at school, and vent with Netflix's marathons and pizza from our favorite pizza place can always put a smile on my face.

I still can't get over the fact that we have gone through so much in the past few years that have brought us so close together. I have truly been blessed with a best friend who I am fortunate enough to call a sister to me. Here's to all the memories we have made and to the many, many more to be made. I miss you so much and cant wait to see you when you come home, girly.