To the girl who feels like she's not good enough...

Think again!

3
PxHere

To the girl who feels like she's not enough,

When I was in high school I was always label as the "weird" and "annoying girl". I was expressive and loved to be bubbly. I was always smiling and cheerful. But, my self esteem grew wear as I got older. I was bullied in high school for being different. I was not a cheerleader, I was not popular, I was the geeky drama club girl, but I had what others did not have - passion. I had a passion to lead. A passion to be strong. A passion to push through.

Now, that I am in college, I think back to when I was so upset about being different. I would rather be loud and proud then be quiet and unheard. I rather beat to the rhythm of my own drum than follow the crowd. I am a leader and I am proud of it and you should be too! My best advice is to be confident in your own skin. Your peers do not define you, for you are the author of your own story. You are the creator of your own destiny. It does not matter if you are skinny, overweight, average looking, drop dead gorgeous, smart, or not so smart, you are you and there is nothing better than you!

I wish young women would learn that they can be anything they want to be. Do not let society define you. Follow your dreams. Find something that ignites the fire in your soul whether than is writing, painting, playing a sport, playing an instrument … whatever it is, do it fiercely! We are conditioned to believe that every woman should look the same, that every woman should be timid, that every woman should follow the crowd. No! Be the change! Be you, be beautiful!

Love always,

The girl who was once in your shoes