To The Friends I Have Already Made In College

It's only been a month, but you guys mean the world to me.
81

4 weeks. A month. Approximately 31 days. That’s how long we’ve been in college. A lot can change in that short amount of time. I came into college scared and excited. I was determined to find “my people” that I want to experience college with. I wanted a few close friends and not a ginormous group of people, and I’m happy to say that I’ve found those few people. This article is specifically for you guys and I hope you like it. I’m going to try and keep this short, so bear with me.

Alex- Thank you for being such a wonderful friend, from being half asleep during a fire drill and struggling to do basic math, to talking in psychology about a little boy’s dream of being an MMA fighter we’ve already made a lot of memories. Here’s to many more Starbucks runs and borrowing scantrons for a psychology test. Stay beautiful and remember to always keep your head up. Love you so much!

Keke- We’ve known each other since 8th grade and I’m so happy we’ve been friends ever since. Having you at Lander puts a big smile on my face. Thank you for being a bestfrined. I can’t wait for many more drives from Lander back to Sumter. It’s such a great feeling to have you here at my home away from home and I hope you come to love it just as much as I do! Here’s to many more Disney movies to be watched on campus, and many more conversations about all the struggles of college. Much love to you, and remember I’m always here for you. Love you so much!

Dawson- To be honest, I almost put “dingus” or “my dude” because you would have known it was yours. Back home I had a couple of close guy friends, and I was worried that I wouldn’t be able to find any when I went off to college, but you proved me wrong. You’ve literally become my best friend in this short amount of time and it’s been awesome! We’ve had so many adventures already. From the disaster of pink hair dye, to you riding with me to Anderson just to buy Krispy Kreme doughnuts. I’m glad we share the same love for Melanie Martinez and other performers. Thanks for always sending me pictures of cute puppies just to make me even happier than I am at that current moment. And just remember you’re an amazing friend even though you hate my driving and pick on me about how I say “no”. Much love my dude!

Sarah, Helena, and Cynthia- MY OH MY, where do I begin my lovelies? You all are such beautiful souls. I’m going to keep this short because I could go on and on. My beloved froomies that finally became my roomies! We may get slightly annoyed with each other at times, but we are living together 24/7. From the adventures of making waffles, to braving a hurricane just to buy food to avoid the cafeteria, a lot of things have already occurred this semester. I can’t wait to make so many more memories with you guys. I love the movie nights that we’ve been having and the fact that I can count on you guys for anything. I love each of you all so much!

To wrap it all up, all of you guys have made Lander feel like home. You guys constantly put a smile on my face and make me happy. Thank you for being such wonderful friends in this adventure of college.

Love,

Aubs.