To The Friend That Feels Broken, This I Promise You

"If you could only let your guard down...I swear that I won't let you go." - Switchfoot
21

Dear friend,

I may not know what you’re going through at the moment, nor do I exactly know how to get rid of the brokenness you may have within you. But I do know that I will be here for you every step of the way to becoming the beautiful being you forgot you were. I will spend my life making sure you know of these promises I have for you:

I promise to be there for you no matter what time of day it is. Whether it’s two in the morning and you’re having a mental breakdown, or three in the afternoon crying over something that hurt you, please know I will be there with a shoulder for you to cry on, and both ears that will listen.

I promise you that you are loved. You are enough in my eyes, even if you can’t see it. I will never let you go to sleep at night wondering why you think you are not enough. If you feel a weight on your shoulders, I will help you take it off. If you need someone to guide you in the right direction, I will be the first to volunteer to lead the way.

I promise I will make every effort to put a smile on your face and make you forget what broke you. You will not have to worry about people that bring you down, or thoughts that want to take over your mind. I will be more than happy to distract you from the sadness within.

I promise you are not alone. You will never have to face this big world by yourself. Even if you have your own battles in this life, I can help you conquer whatever crosses your path. Remember, God is on your side. When you feel the world is against you, He is for you. I pray you learn to believe that.

I promise you that I won’t let you go. You have experienced so much heartache in your life. From friends dropping you like you were nothing, to family members tearing you apart. You don’t’ deserve to be forgotten or left wondering why you weren’t enough. I’m here to tell you, you are MORE than enough. I promise that no matter what, you matter. Sometimes it may be hard to believe, but I guarantee that there are so many people on this earth who want you here to enjoy the beautiful life God has given to all of us.

So, remember you are worth it, you are loved, and you are enough. I can’t tell you how much I think you deserve the best. I’m so proud of you for staying strong after living through the worst. I hope you know that I will always care about you and that you will never have to question if I will be there. I’m not leaving, and I will not let you go.

I love you. Stay strong and brave like the person I know you are.

Love,

The friend that’s always on your side.