To The Friend That Cares Too Much

To The Friend That Cares Too Much

Don't be afraid to put yourself before others.

2574
To The Friend That Cares Too Much
Fuccha.in

Hey there,

How are you doing? No, I don't want a general answer. I honestly want to know how you are doing, because I've seen your personality change so quickly over the past few weeks and it scares me.

I see that you have this huge smile on your face, but I can tell that the smile is not genuine. Under that smile, I've see someone who has been frustrated,angry, and most importantly hurt, and that is because you care too much.

You're always the friend that people go to when they need someone. You're always the one giving up your spare time and you're always bending yourself backwards to help a friend in need. You do it so much that you're going to eventually going to wear yourself out and break because you are doing too much for that friend.

Being a kind and giving person is an amazing trait to have, but too many people who do not have this trait see kind people as easy targets. They feel that they have the right to use, hurt and walk over people that are there for them. They feel that because you are kind, you're weak. You don't have the capability to say no or speak up for yourself, but you 100% do.

You have the right to tell someone that you don't like the way they are treating you and that you don't want to be there for them. It's okay, to say "no" to someone and it's okay to be selfish and only care about yourself at times.

I know you want to make everyone happy, but it's impossible to do that. Someone is always going to have some kind of problem or have something to complain about. I want you to realize that before you go around making sure everyone else is okay, and happy please, please make sure that you are okay and you are happy.

You have the right to be happy just as much as everyone else does. I don't mean that fake-smile-on-your-face-happy. I mean truly happy.

If that means cutting someone out, or saying no to someone, so be it.

If someone is truly a friend to you, they will understand and be grateful for what you have to think and say. They will not walk all over you and take you for granted. A true friend is someone who will realize that something is wrong and be there for you during rough times. They will do anything to see that smile on come across your face like it used to.

I know this because you have always been that friend to me. I want you to know that I will always return that favor to you, regardless of the situation. Please don't ever forget that.

Keep positive and just know that everything will get better. I promise.

Love,

A Friend Who Truly Cares