To The First-Semester College Freshman Freaking Out Inside

We've all been there.

4079
kalebdf / Flickr

So it has officially begun. College!

You have waited for this day your whole life it seems like. The day has finally come where you get to move out of the house *insert crowd yell.*

But a part of you is freaking out on the inside. There is that part of you that wants to hang on to childhood, that wants to stay "little." But, a majority of you wants to grow up, you want to find this freedom that is called college. Hang on to these statements and you'll be just fine.

1. These are about to be the best four (or more) years of your life, enjoy them.

2. Go. To. Class.

3. Don't buy the book until you've been to class, you may not need it.

4. Email your professor, actually meet him/her, too.

5. Study, lol.

6. Don't study your life away, find time to have fun. (that applies to all my nursing school peeps).

7. Make friends in class!!!

8. Make friends period. High school friends are cool, but you need college friends, too.

9. Don't be sad when you grow apart with high school friends, either. Life happens.

10. Don't be afraid to approach people.

11. Call your mom every day, possibly more than once a day.

12. Looking like a hobo is completely acceptable.

13. Don't try to be the life of the party, just be yourself.

14. You will gain weight despite walking to class.

15. It's all downhill after syllabus day.

16. Don't try to be "just like her."

17. It's okay to be nervous. It's okay to have a little breakdown. It's okay to admit you don't have it all together.

18. Don't be embarrassed if you sit in the car and have a High School Musical jam session.

19. Respect yourself.

20. Love yourself. Truly love yourself.

Have fun. Be you. Never change for anyone. Trust God. Love people.

(and because I'm an Alabama student and fan, always say roll tide).