To The Dog That Changed My Life
Life Stages

To The Dog That Changed My Life

What I once thought was going to be "just a dog" has turned into my favorite shotgun rider, my hiking buddy, and the cutest little ice cream date in the world.

646
To The Dog That Changed My Life

"And I found that life sometimes has a funny way of giving you exactly what you need, but not in the form you expect."

I never expected that form to be in a 60-pound ball of fur who has filled my life with love, laughter, and so many muddy paw prints that I lost count.

I never expected a dog to change my life that much. In reality, I wasn't even ready for the responsibility. But, her puppy eyes melted my heart, and I knew that I just had to adopt her.

I got her when I was nineteen and just starting school with zero extra time for a puppy. But, somehow, we made it through. We grew up together. She taught me responsibility and gave me something to work for. Having a puppy makes you get out of bed on your bad days. Having a puppy makes you want to go to work to be able to afford dog food. Having a puppy makes you want to stay home because she can't be left alone for too long. With every passing month, she got bigger and I got more responsible.

She has changed my life in ways I never could imagine. She gives me the motivation to work hard in school. She gives me something to look forward to coming home to. She gives me happiness when I feel like I lost everything, and she gives me so many smiles because I get to wake up to her every morning.

I am so thankful that she changed my life the way she did and filled the hole in my heart that I didn't even know was missing.