To The Creep At The Gym

To The Creep At The Gym

You don't impress me much.

1416
To The Creep At The Gym
youtube

I walk into the gym with my gym bag in hand and head straight for the locker room. To no surprise, almost every single guy in that gym turn their heads and watch me like I'm some kind of prey that just entered into the lion's cage. When I walk back out, again heads turn. However, they turn back to what they were doing and they focus on that. You on the other hand made it known that you were different.

I walk to the treadmill to begin my dreaded 2 miles of cardio. You watch me. As I'm huffing and puffing along, I glance in your direction again, and you're still watching me. Then, you have the nerve to walk over and get on the ellipticals behind me just so that you can watch me run. I'm not stupid, I know what you're staring at. After I huffed one mile and I approach the free weights area, guess what? You're watching me. You then finish with the elliptical and walk over to pretend like you're working out. I then finish with the weights and head back to the treadmill to complete my final mile, and also my workout. You see that, and decide that it's time for you to finish your workout with some elliptical cardio as well. Literally everything I do, and everywhere I go I see you watching me. I'm used to getting glanced at, but it's not okay to just stare. If we make eye contact every single time I look to see if you're still staring, then that's a problem.

Leave me alone and let me workout in peace. I'm not impressed by your increased volume grunts as I walk by. I'm not impressed that you can jump four feet onto a box. I'm not impressed by your swagger when you pick up a 15 pound bar with one arm. Don't look at me, look at yourself in the mirror and make the improvements you should be there to make. I'm there for one reason and one reason only, and that doesn't include watching you try to impress me. So stop. And what look on my face told you that I wanted your advice on what I should be lifting? Or what told you that I needed instructions on how to use a certain compound? I bet you didn't even know they were called that. I've been working out for a while, I'm not a rookie to this. And by the way, I noticed how you tried to pick up the 35 lb dumbbell and struggled so you settled with the 25. Go home before you hurt yourself.

If you're more concerned with watching me and what I'm doing and how much I "should be lifting," then you're there for the wrong reason. Keep it up, and I'm going to call you out on it. It's beyond creepy, and I'm not even in the slightest impressed by you.