To The Boy Who Thinks He Can Do Better

To The Boy Who Thinks He Can Do Better

Go ahead and try, Tinder won't do that for you.

5147
To The Boy Who Thinks He Can Do Better
Erin Thoresen

This is a picture of me, being me, loving me, for me and only me. Why? Because I am happier alone than with someone that thinks they can do better.

Tinder is an app that most people have to joke around and maybe meet a few new people or at least run into someone on campus and see a familiar face to say hi to. But for others, it is a disgusting and desperate way to "get action" and look cool.

Here's the thing, I did what most girls do. I invested in someone and cared about someone and allowed myself to experience the harsh reality that was his intentions. Ladies, do not do this to yourself. By all means, care and trust and love. However, do not let the games of little boys put a bad taste in your mouth for the real men that come your way.

If he tells you he loves you and wants you but won't commit, do not waste your time. If he lets you go over a text message and then deletes you from social media, do not waste your time. If he tells you you're the one and the next day isn't sure, do not waste your time. If he doesn't treat you like the queen that you are after you pour yourself into him, do not waste a second of your breath even explaining why he's a waste of time. You are a beautiful queen that God has placed on this earth to do amazing things. Thinking about a boy who is only concerned about not being alone that night is only going to set you back.

Here's a message to the boys on tinder... if you use pictures of yourself with an ex girlfriend, you are pathetic. We are more than your tool. We are more than a stepping stone to your game that night. Using a picture from a day that actually meant the world to a girl is disgusting and you deserve any consequence you receive from actually using that app for girls. Any decent girl on tinder actually looking for a guy is going to laugh in your face if you tell them some cheap pick up line about singing your way into their heart. Oh, and if you actually think it's cool to quote Big N Rich (country band that sang "Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy), then there is nothing country or old fashion about you.

To all those that inspired this article. I hope you're proud. I hope you get all the girls you want. I hope they go through you as much as you use the word love. Then I hope you wake up every morning wondering how you're going to actually have a family one day. That girl you get drunk with on Thursday nights that already has 2 kids isn't going to be that girl for you. You are little boys. Get your priorities straight because adulthood started the day you thought you were "man enough" to move away from your parents who still pay for your gas while you pay for alcohol and good times.

To all the ladies and boys that are actually saying they want God to lead their lives, you can't do that when you are quoting sexual songs on social media and getting people drunk just so you actually look attractive that night. They're going to wake up and when they do, it'll be you that's left alone, singing in the shower instead of into someone's heart. God isn't going to give you a gift on tinder, God will teach you a lesson and I hope it is a hard one before you go hurting real people that you thought you could do better than.

Remember ladies, build you empire and make your own life so the only thing you will need from a man is good company and a life partner. As Cristina Yang said to Meredith Grey, "Don't let what he wants eclipse what you need. He's very dreamy, but he's not the sun. You are." God bless.